Iphone4 JB/Unlock with Limera

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jigsb007, Oct 11, 2010.

1. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

experts,
    I need your help.. I am new in all this iphone menia.
    I recently bought NEW iphone4 from Att. I am a tmobil customer and just wanted to use iphone4 with tmobile by any means.

I waited for 39 days, since i bought iphone4. till now every evening i go home from work and open iphone4 , turn it on and thats it. put it back to box.

Finally, on 10/10 we got some solution. I did JB with it. no problme. but i am not able to unlock it. ...i cut my sim also, when i put my sim in the iphone4 i dont see any bars ! i cud only seee 1st tiny bar.. thats it.

Also, b4 i cut my sim, i had forwared my no. to my wife's cell phone.

Surprisingly, i can see call fwd icon in my iphone4. Dont know how.

But when i chek netowk, i dont see tmobile.

Well, FYI when i bought my iphone4 it came with 4.0.2 and baseband ( i am not sure ) 1.59 may be.

But, y'day...when i saw that the JB works for Ios 4.1. so i upgrade my ihpne4 to 4.1 using itunes. looks like bcoz of that my baseband is also upgraded to 2.10.04.

what can i do ? bcoz i hv upgraded thru itune, can i downgrade to 4.0.2 ? or if i am not unlocking bcoz of baseband then can i downgrad it to 1.59.

Please Help help help...its so frustrating...i have waited 3 years to buy iphone , so that i can efford it.
    and now, when i bought it, stupid it not willingg to work.

Please help

thanx

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

You made a very large mistake upgrading to iOS 4.1 via iTunes. You are screwed for now.

S-

3. nabechu macrumors 6502

Once you updated your baseband, you screwed yourself. There is no way to downgrade the baseband. All you can do now is hope they are able to unlock the new baseband. Before you ask, there is no ETA for the unlock.

4. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

Is it possible to update to 4.1 without using itunes ? If so how.

Thanks.

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

You have to use iTunes to update/restore. What he meant was for you to first run tinyumbrella's TSS Server, and then, go into iTunes to update.

6. brokin macrumors member

hold shift and hit restore in itunes while tiny umbrella is working in the background. it will update you to 4.1 without updating your baseband.

7. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

retard question

Guys help me out here..

Newb to JB, what is the purpose of keeping same base band.. infact how do i findout what baseband I'm on? I'm reading a lot of people mentioning this. :confused:

A couple weeks ago I bought a new iP4 on 4.0.1, its locked to carrier, but thats fine with me. However if there is a way to update to 4.1 and JB and also unlock so I can use any sim...well hell that'll be good, so is that possible? does that mean following the tiny umbrella steps?

Or because carrier lock doesnt bother me, should I just update to 4.1 through iTunes then JB?

8. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

But now what ? after i did from itune ??

Thanks for your comments !!
    But, now what ??? can i still go back to my original settings ?? as when i bought iphone4 , it came with 4.0.2 and baseband 1.59.

the only mistake i did, was upgrage it to 4.1.

i tried to restore, but still no luck, still 4.1 with baseband 2.10.04

can i still go back to 4.0.2 and baseband 1.59?

Also, as all know that Greenpoisi0n is still not released yet ? can anybody tell me, when he will com eup with their JB, will it be able to unlock baseband 2.10.04 ? or i m screwed for ever ??????????????

i have already waited almost 40 days, and now i only use my iphone4 for paper weight !!!!

plese help me out, as i m dying to use it..

PLease please plese plesase.................:confused:

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

This and only this.

Next time, do some homework on the iPhone, read what the iPhone Dev Team has to say about something new BEFORE you use it.

10. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Sorry, but you cannot go back to 4.0.2 via iTunes.

IF, and that's a huge IF, you can find a version of iOS 4.0.2 somewhere on the internet, you may be able to restore to that using iTunes, but I think even that process would still require you to go through Apple's servers, which will then deny your request, since they're no longer signing for version 4.0.2.

Go to thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com. Download and install TinyUmbrella. Open TinyUmbrella and connect your iPhone to your computer. Click on the button that says "Save My SHSH" (or something to that effect). It will not let you restore to 4.0.2, but it will save your SHSH for version 4.1. Every time Apple updates iOS from now on, download the latest version of TinyUmbrella from this site and repeat this process. This will allow you to save your SHSH file for the latest version of iOS, which will allow you to restore to an older version should you ever make this mistake again.

But for now, there's nothing you can do but wait and hope that the hackers are able to create an unlock for this latest baseband.

11. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

No, you are all wrong here. His baseband has been upgraded. He cannot go backwards on baseband even if Apple where still signing iOS 4.0.2.

S-

12. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

13. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

TinyUmbrella !!!!

Thank you Sir for your kind explanation !!!
    So, Does it mean...that thru TU i can copy/store your FM with all the settings to the computer's HDD. And next time if i screwed up or some how i install latest verson of FM thru itune, and if i have to rollback my FM i can do it..IF i have that saved TU SHSH !!right???

But, in that case, cant i use someones SHSH for FM 4.1 and baseband 1.59 ?
    i gess if its possible, then i can find somewhere on the internet ....

Thanx

14. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

No, you cannot use another iPhone's SHSH blob. They are iPhone specific.

As of now, you are completely screwed. You cannot roll back the baseband, regardless of SHSH blob status. You could have all the SHSH blobs for your iPhone and it still wouldn't matter.

S-

15. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

No, you cannot use someone else's SHSH. Your SHSH contains your Exclusive Chip ID, which is unique for every device.

16. idevSteve macrumors member

You are confusing a lot of terminology. Educate yourself a little more before you decide to move on.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1023947&highlight=jailbreak+terms

17. Kayan macrumors 6502

K...keep it simple. It's like this: In order to unlock, you need to JB (which you apparently did). But doing an unlock ALSO requires the Baseband that was on 4.0.2 and previous, however, you have 4.1 and did not update in such a way to preserve that Baseband, thus, you will not ever be able to unlock your iPhone4 unless they release a new unlock, which hasn't had any rumors of, since Basebands cannot be downgraded as of this time on the iPhone4. Maybe you could sell and exchange for a 3GS or another i4 with lower Baseband.

18. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

I found a HOPE !!!

Guys, thanks a lot for your comment...
    And i know that i am totally screwed...and nothing can be done. infect according to "Kayan" i sud sell my iphone 4. bcoz there are no plans for new JB for new BB.
    Anyways......
    But, i was reading on soem blog. nad i found something like this " Cydia (make my life easier). "
    And if i recall, b4 i did upgrade to 4.1 from 4.0.2 i did JB my iphone 4 with 4.0.2 and with BB1.59, at that time i also clicked on "Cydia (make my life easier)" i didnt know uptill now.....but now i started undertanding tings little bit.

After that, i upgraded to 4.1

Do i have any hope to get my older FM from Cydia (make my life easier). ?????
    if yes, how..

I really appreciated..thanx...
    Also, i am bit nervous when "KAYAN" wrote that i should SELL my iphone4 and get 3Gs. is that so Serious ???? that for next 6 months or more we wont see any thing for BB 2.10.04 ???:(:mad::mad::rolleyes::(

Please help

19. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

jigsb007,

For the millionth time, the baseband of your iPhone has been updated. You cannot unlock it for a different carrier now. Unless a new unlock is developed, you will never be able to use that phone on a different carrier.

S-

20. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

You would have had to save your SHSH blobs through "make my life easier" several weeks ago when 4.1 was first released. If you did not do that back then, you don't have them.

As for the unlock, the current rumors from MuscleNerd (who is one of the iPhone Dev Team who builds the unlock) say no unlock until at least after 4.2 is released. These were sent via his Twitter feed yesterday. The absolute soonest that would be is likely late November. It could be longer. It also still might never happen, an unlock is a lot of work to create.

Honestly, selling your phone and getting one that actually works for you is probably a better plan, but that's up to you.

21. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Don't give up yet.

[​IMG]

22. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

You have at least another two months to wait for any sort of unlock, and chances are it'll take even longer then that. As everyone else has pointed out, the problem is that you updated your iPhone baseband and there's no going back. Even if you somehow had your SHSH saved, downgrading would not effect your baseband. The only thing you can do is wait.

23. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey thanx dude,
    does it mean i can try limesn0w :confused: now ? is it available ? or its coming..and i have to wait ?

24. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

That is a bogus site.......there is nothing out there that can help you now and won't be for quite a while (months).

S-

25. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

You have to wait, nothing are set in stone until it is release.

Also most of the refurbish ip4 are still on 4.02 if you want to go that route.