iPhone4 Protection: Zagg, Power Support, Wrapsol, Ghost, SPG, Etc.? Which 1 And Why?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by falconman515, Jun 13, 2010.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I have always used Power supports Crystal Film since the first iPhone was released due to its perfect fit, easy application, great protection and lost lasting protection.

I have seen many other brand like the few I said in the title that seem to be at the top of the iPhone protection pack.

I am looking for that same Crystal look with full protection and something that will cover both front and back of my new iPhone 4. What are the pro and cons of these makers? What do you use and why? And what will you be getting for you new I4?

Thanks for all your feedback on everything you know about every company and their products! :D

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Give me a few minutes and I will write up a comparison.

3. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I don't use these products but I definitely have steered away from recommending Ghost Armor to anyone. They used to create usernames here on MacRumors posing as normal members to sell their products and write reviews. Shady stuff.

4. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    Their website looks pretty crappy as well.

5. nowstime macrumors regular

Power Support all the way...they are the best!!!

6. army91c macrumors 6502a

I am a fan of Bodyguardz film. I have used a few different brands of clear film and I found that bg stayed on the longest, held up the best, didn't dis-color, no orange peel. I will be going with the bodyguardz with my 4 this time around.

7. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I can only comment on the Power Support anti-glare. It had to use both shields that came in the package but the 2nd time it came out perfect!

Very easy to install, just make sure you do it in a very clean area. My cat jumped on the counter... :eek:

No fingerprints, no glare, but it did darken the display. Very high quality, and I would buy again.

8. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

thats all I have used since day one but I never really looked into any other. The reason I got it was cause the apple store had them when the original iPhone was out so I got that one and never looked at anything else since.

Wanted to make sure I was getting the best product and If I wasn't then I wanted to see what else would be better and look into that.

The nice thing about this new iPhone4 is that the front and back are essentially the same glass so no matter what company I would assume they would make a front film and a back as well. I know Power Support never really made anything for full body like some other (just the front glass film) but since both sides are the same do you think they will make one for the front and the back?

I am not wanting to really protect the sides at all I just want to protect the front screen first and foremost and now with this new I would like to protect the back as well since its the same as the front.

I look forward to everything thoughts and past experiences with these companies.

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Here is the consensus from the reviews I have watched and from my own experience (I have tried most of these). Power Support not included, no full body protection. Best Skins Ever not review

Bodyguardz

Price
    • $24.95 Full Body
    • $14.95 Screen Protector
    • $16.95 Back Protector

Lifetime warranty
    Wet Application

Package
    • 2 Sets of Protectors
    • Spray Solution
    • Squeegee
    • Microfiber Cloth
    • Instructions

Quality
    • Comparable to Zagg.
    • Low quality squeegee.
    • Standard microfiber cloth.
    • Instructions are "okay."

Review

Other
    • Offer 20% off to returning customers.
    • Good customer service.
    • Some bluriness, mostly clears up over the next 48 hours. Not super clear.

Ghost Armor

Price
    • $14.99 Preorder
    • $24.99 Normal

Lifetime Warranty
    Wet application

Package
    • 1 Protector Set
    • Spray Solution
    • Squeegee
    • No Microfiber Cloth
    • Instructions

Quality
    • Slightly better than Zagg & Bodyguardz.

Review

Other
    • Tends to attract dirt at the corners.
    • Not the best customer service.
    • Have retail installation locations, but for a charge.

Wrapsol

Price
    • $29.99 Full Body Ultra (Dry install)
    • $24.95 Full Body Original (Wet install)

Lifetime Warranty
    • Dry application for Ultra.
    • Wet application for Original

Package
    • "Green" Package
    • 1 Protector Set
    • Glass Bottle Spray Solution (for original only)
    • Microfiber Towlette
    • Flexible Squeegee
    • Instructions

Quality
    • Without a doubt the highest quality of them all.
    • High quality microfiber towlette.
    • Squeegee that can double as an eraser when you're done.
    • Incredibly detailed instructions.
    • Though the site says "super thin" this is the thickest of them all and has a matte backing.
    • Survives drops/good drop protection.
    • By far the best customer service.

Review

Other

Zagg

Price
    • $24.99 Full Body
    • $24.99 Front/Back Only
    • $14.99 Screen Only

Lifetime warranty
    Wet application

Package
    • 1 Protector Set
    • Spray Solution
    • Squeegee
    • Instructions
    • Microfiber Unsure? I don't remember.

Quality
    • Comparable to Bodyguardz.
    • Cheap squeegee.
    • Yellows over time.
    • Instructions/installation videos are "okay"

Review

Other
    • Probably the most common of them all and most readily available.
    • Many people have reported problems with them lasting very long.

It's obvious which one is my favorite. Wrapsol. Again, this is from my own experience. You guys can make your own decision. ;)

10. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

WOW !!!!!

Very nice writeup on this thread.... I couldn't ask for much more of a reply than that :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks for taking the time put together something as thorough as this. I will see what I can gather for power support and post that myself. I am very partial to Power Support and want to find out if anyone knows more about their new iPhone4 protection.

thanks again SO SO much for taking the time to put together this info for all of us. :)

11. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Glad to help!! I didn't do Power Support because I've never used it... they don't have a full body coverage as far as I could find.

12. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I think they sort-of did for the iPod touch original. I really hope they do for the iPhone 4 since it would be the PERFECT protection, IMO.
    EDIT: link here--but they don't specifically mention front and back protection :confused:

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

What's so great about it?

14. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Because it's truly invisible. But per your advice, I'm thinkin' I'll probably end up with a Wrapsol :)

15. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Your call! ;) Use the discount code chatter if you do.

16. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

So that would set me back about $20 for the normal one? It's pretty tempting...how amazing is the screen protector? I like the back, but I want something completely undetectable for the front.

17. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Probably... but if you're buying an iPhone 4, I wouldn't skimp out. I'd buy the $30 one for the best protection. It's much easier to install than the $25 dollar one. The front looks incredible. Completely undetectable? No. But I still think you should give it a shot. When I install mine, I'll send you pics. ;)

18. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

+1, though might take my chances naked this time round

19. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Ok, thanks. Maybe I'll get the $30 one then. I'll look at those pics first tho :)

20. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

It's truly invisible, but scratches easily, although it still protects the screen. I'm going to use the Wrapsol Ultra on the back and sides, and the Power Support crystal film on the front.

21. labman macrumors 604

labman

anybody have any history with http://phantomskinz.com/ the fact that you can do colors is pretty sweet. though it's not clear on how red/blue would look on a white vs a black iPhone. and since I am switching from black to while I probably like to just enjoy the white for a while. still wonder about there quality.

22. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

Any of these brands shipping before launch day? I want mine delivered before the iPhone!

23. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I think zagg is the only one shipping for launch day although I don't know if it will show up on launch day or not. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm probably going to go with wrapsol on the back and power support on the front.

Just to add best skins ever are kind of mediocre. They stick pretty good, they are sometimes cut weird. When I tried the 3G one it had two pieces on the back and dirt got stuck in the seams.

24. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Anything new in the last few days for protection?

Anyone have anymore thoughts on the best protection for our new phones?

25. michael31986 macrumors 68030

i want a screen and back protector, but not one that needs liquid to put it on. i want something just like the power support films or w/e they are called that apple has.