iphone4 transition stutters

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Josh12, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Josh12 macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a jailbroken 32gig iphone4 on 4.01. It's always been extremely fast, smooth and responsive, and the only issue was that eventually my folders would begin to lag for a second or two before opening, but that's not too big of a deal to me. what's really bothering me is that there now appears to be transition stutters when i'm opening apps or flicking through the pages of apps. I'll press on an app, and it'll stutter a couple of times while its opening (extremely irritating). Also, whenever I have an app open and then press the home button, there's a delay before I can open another app or switch pages. I still have almost 20 gigs of free space, i'm always clearing the app tray (i only leave about 8 apps running at a time), i reboot regularly, but nothing seems to be making a difference. Any suggestions?

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Stuttering, as in lagging?
    My iPhone (3GS) does that too when I open a bunch of a stuff up and keep it open in the tray (especially games). Closing them out fixes the problem but I also have an App that clears the RAM on my phone too. I hardly ever run it since I don't have the need - my phone doesn't get laggy at all. It normally just fixes itself after I exit the apps.

I originally bought that app to clear the RAM for my iPod Touch.

3. Josh12 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea, i mean lagging. i never leave any games open in the tray, the only ones i leave are my messaging, phone, facebook, email, safari, BBC news, and my settings app. I don't think those would be enough to lag the phone to that extent..:S the only other reason i can think of is that i haven't cleared any of my SMS convos since i got the phone (about 5 months ago)..

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Hmm thats weird because even my 3GS does not lag with any of those app you mention being in the tray. And I doubt its text messages either. I haven't cleared out mine in ... forever haha :D

Try a system restore perhaps

5. Josh12 thread starter macrumors newbie

I considered doing a system restore but that entails updating to 4.2 software...which I don't want to do :S