iPhone4 What PROBLEMS/FLAWS/MISSING FEATURES are you having?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mhx, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mhx macrumors member

1. Left Hand, call drop & 3g Signal Bar loss issue while holding the phone with your left hand...

2. Video recording when holding the phone upright produces some very "long" vertical stretched videos.

3. You cant upload 720p videos to youtube from your phone. You must use the SYNC cable and download the videos to your desktop and upload them that way.

2. TexasBlake macrumors member

TexasBlake

3. msavwah macrumors 6502

Nothing major yet.
    Safari shortcuts on the home screens no longer work for me.

4. jdong macrumors member

Mine is fine, but my dad's came with what seems to be a defective speaker assembly -- when calling via speakerphone or recording video, sounds are extremely faint -- as if the system's cancelling out the voice. It works fine via headphones or when speakers are off, but that means that normal facetime doesn't work.

5. IAmJIve macrumors newbie

Same here, its irritating. I even make new ones and they don't work either. Any solutions?

6. IAmJIve macrumors newbie

RESOLVED: Just do a hard reset (holding down home key and lock key at same time for 10 seconds) then wait like 15 seconds an turn back on. links work fine now.

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The phone signal thing, although I don't know if it actually affects anything.

What I wish would be updated via software is two things: Some sort of Finder feature and wireless sync. Wireless sync is obvious. What I mean by Finder is to have basically a disk folder that shows your files. I don't want to pay $100/year for MobileMe for an iDisk. I just want to do something that an iPod I owned five years ago could do.

8. c0reyann macrumors member

c0reyann

Same issue with my husband's iphone4. AT&T said we'll have to exchange it when stock is in.

9. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

Can only very rarely get EDGE or GPRS when roaming onto Orange (using a 3 SIM), usually it just stays as a plain old telephone signal and won't connect to data.

Edit: Just tried it back in my 3GS and it's the same. I guess they have disabled 2G data - pity. Might have to consider other networks now.

10. sbally macrumors newbie

I have found that the web browsing speed is markedly slower on Iphone 4 than 3GS either using wi-fi or 3G. Anyone else experiencing this?:confused:

11. Stephen-spend56 macrumors newbie

Yeah same here when on wifi just seams slower then befor with my 3GS.

Anyone no a fix? If not hope to get it sorted in the next update

12. gazzrenn macrumors 6502a

gazzrenn

No signal / antenna issues here whatsoever.

Issues are:

Car charger won't fit in because of the bumper.
    Sennheiser headphones won't fit in because of the bumper

Missing features:

Physical button for taking photos

13. flashkai macrumors member

1. Left hand signal drop
    2. When I take a photo it shows up in the photos app as a black box, when I open that box it will not let me do anything else (not even delete) when I close photos and re-open the photo appears
    3. Email arriving on 1/1/1970 with no sender, no subject and no content, cannot open it or delete it. (solved this now by disabling the email account then re-enabling it)

Overall, not that happy, I will see how I feel after the weekend but I am seriously considering returning it.

14. littledigger macrumors regular

littledigger

I was really hoping to see a weekly view in the calender app. iPad has it, but not iPhone. why?

Otherwise, i love it.

15. ajayvarma87 macrumors member

when you hold the phone, wifi connection is really poor

16. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

17. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

found that my GPS seems to think i'm about a mile away from where i actually am

18. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Biggest thing is 3 times yesterday when i was on a call, both sides went mute for 3-5 seconds, then came back like nothing ever happened. No signal loss noticed at this time. But neither side could hear anything.

I also have had the display not turn on twice now. Hit home or sleep/wake button, nothing. Hold down home, get the tones for voice control, still no display. Plugged it in and hit home and it came on.

Wondering if these are unique or have others experienced either of these? Maybe mine is defective, which would be a first in about 8 phones my wife and I have had (we've each replaced one for water damage in the last 4 years)

19. Arjy macrumors member

none of the issues everyone else is having, but my proximity sensor seems to not work as well as my 3gs did. i find myself turning on the keypad and dialing random numbers with my face while im on the phone with someone. never happened with my 3gs

20. Jeef690 macrumors member

Same issues here. Call quality is horrible too!!! Emailed Steve Jobs about it. Maybe I'll get a response??

Jeff

21. tkljr macrumors newbie

signal issues when lower left corner is touching skin
    GPS won't work with 3g enabled, works on EDGE

22. SycoraX macrumors newbie

Reception issues
    Proximity sensor not working properly
    Wifi not working

None of these issues were experienced on my 3G.

23. ronniedobbs macrumors newbie

ronniedobbs

my 32gb has a flawed front bezel that lets pixels shine through.

24. phatjoe88 macrumors member

I have a set of V-Moda headphones with the mic and the headphones work fine, but the mic doesn't work. I haven't tried the supplied headset, but I suspect the result will be the same. Anyone else?

25. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

When exiting a video in the iPod app to use another app that won't run simultaneously (e.g. camera), I can't go straight back to the video I was watching when done using the camera. It only goes back to the playlist that contained the video. There's not even a "now playing" button to click to get back into the video. This became incredibly annoying this morning when I went for a walk and ended up taking a lot of photos to test the new camera. Every time I went back to the iPod app, I had to make do with just hitting "shuffle" on the playlist rather than go back to what I'd been watching.

This was never a problem with the 3GS (on 3.1.2). I don't know if it's an iOS4 issue or what, but I'm hoping there's a fix for it very soon.