IPHONE4s Canadian Orders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mstern8, Oct 8, 2011.

1. mstern8 macrumors regular

Hi everyone.

I am curious as to when other Canadians iphone 4s orders are slated for delivery!

My iphone 4s white 16gb is expected for 25 oct- nov1.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Where/when did you order yours? I ordered mine on Apple's website at like 3:50 AM and it says "Ships by October 14" as the status. Still processing...

3. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

Ditto for me. I ordered mine about an hour past the official open time (2am local).

4. exalted719 macrumors member

Same here. I ordered at 3:45AM. No delivery date though..

still says processing...

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I just hope the Canadian orders are going to be delivered by the end of next week. The US orders all say "Delivers by October 14," so I'm hoping we get the same treatment.

6. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

I don't see how the US would get priority as they all ship from China anyway...

7. mstern8 thread starter macrumors regular

Ordered mine today at 2:00 PM.

I was planning on going to wait in line.. however; Rogers told me how much it was going to cost me to upgrade.. so I said screw it and ordered online.

It will come in time for my birthday! :D

8. Boots- macrumors regular

I know I'm 4166th in line with the pre order on Rogers

9. mstern8 thread starter macrumors regular

I hate ROGERS.. and their stupid upgrade policy......

They suck .

10. CdnMacJen macrumors member

I ordered around 6:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time on Oct. 7th, and my order status says:

iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    Ships: 1 - 2 Weeks
    Delivers 24 Oct - 31 Oct via Standard Shipping

11. chibamac macrumors 6502

chibamac

Did you call in and speak to them or did it tell you online when you pre ordered?

I'm #249 in line on Rogers pre order but have no clue what the charge will be..

12. mstern8 thread starter macrumors regular

I called in...
    I upgraded a year ago and it would cost me 600 for 16gb.

So I just ordered from Apple.. it will come to my place... no worries there.

The only way you get it for 159$ (or the new customer price) is if you have 1 year or less on your contact.
    Besides that, you will pay 400$ +..
    You can call them and they will tell you... but be careful some agents are telling you 159$ and they are lying if you have 2+ years left on contract and Rogers will not honour what they are telling you (no matter how much you complain).

----------

Hey Deus.. I remember you from when we ordered our MBAs in August!! :D

13. SkottDMD, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

SkottDMD macrumors 6502

I'm curious to see how the Rogers pre-orders go, I'm 5th "in line", however I ended up buying unlocked from Apple. Curious as to whether the "in line" numbers are per each phone (16GB, 32GB, 64GB, Black, White) or just a general number.

I don't believe Rogers has made HUP details available yet, I know they said a upgrade eligibility tool would be available on their site (same as they did the the iPhone 4) sometime next week. With the exception of the white iPhone 4, I've never paid over full subsidized pricing as they've always been pretty good with allowing existing iPhone users to upgrade. It's also worth pointing out Rogers has changed their HUP program to what it used to be several years ago. For the iPhone it should be $20 (?) a month for every month you're away for the two year point on your contract. The price they gave you is rather odd, I'd call back.

14. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

I'm #30 on the Rogers list. There is going to be tons and tons of very unhappy Rogers customers this launch. People are going to flip when they find out after standing in line for hours that we can not upgrade our iPhones the same as we could in previous launches. Many will have to pay double or triple what we've had to pay before.

Rogers at this point is not saying much, deleting our complaints from message boards, their sites, not giving any answers on upgrade costs...... You can now only upgrade now every 30 months, so if you are under the 30 month mark you have to pay $20 per month you are contracted for up to 30 months, plus a minimum $159, plus a $35 fee..... And sign another 3 year contract. It's going to be cheaper to buy a unlocked 4s from Apple.

This is going to be very ugly, let alone the so-called pre-order or reservation system they have which promises nothing other than you'll get a phone at some point, who knows when, grrrrrrrrr!!!

Rogers get a grip!

15. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

It's typical though, Rogers has always made their pricing details at the last minute, especially when it comes to HUP. Their reservation system is what made me ultimately decide to go with Apple directly, considering the devices will have to come from Apple than to Rogers and then distributed through several channels before being shipped to individual stores. I don't see that working very well in the essentially three days they have with Monday being a holiday. Not impossible and I'm sure its feasible they may have already received devices but it's gonna be a tight schedule.

16. mstern8 thread starter macrumors regular

Spoke to customer relations (higher up than sales). Info is correct.
    They told me they changed their policy to avoid customers trying to scam them all the time (LOL).
    Not two year point... 3 year point.. My boyfriend even called and they told him the same (different agent). They used their tool to calculate the price (he got the iphone4 when it came out).

I rather get it unlocked!! :D

17. wtmk81 macrumors member

That makes my 110 seem a lot better. I hope you get yours on Friday.

18. rugox macrumors regular

I preordered from Telus at 3AM on Friday, CSR called me this morning to finalize my upgrade. Iphone 4S will be at my doorstep on 13th/14th.

19. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

Now that is much better service, see that Rogers? Let us know how it turns out :)

20. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

Rogers blows. I've been with them since July 2008 and now that my contract is done I spent the $649+tax to get unlocked and I'll take my business elsewhere. Rogers won't get another penny out of me, period. I'm mostly annoyed with their crappy coverage in my province but I'm also not overly impressed with their customer service. And to top it off the only Rogers store in my city closed shop last year so I have to phone them for anything.

21. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah man! Good times lol.

As for everyone that is talking about Rogers' upgrade policy...I work for Rogers and it's no secret for their upgrade to the iPhone 4S. It's the same as any other upgrade. If you are not at your upgrade point, which is 30 months, then you have an early upgrade fee, which is based on the phone you currently have ($10/month for feature phones, $15/month for smartphones, $20/month for premium smartphones (iPhone 4 and BB Torch)). Simple as that really. Overall price you would pay is $159/$269/$369 for the phone itself after a $50 mail in rebate, plus any applicable early upgrade fee, plus the $35 admin fee.

22. mstern8 thread starter macrumors regular

Absolutely. I love my MBA.! i7 and NO problems :) except waiting for laptop to come from China.. Praying they ship iphone with FEDEX and not UPS!

23. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Same here! Love using mine every day at school.

As far as UPS vs Fedex goes, I so far haven't had any problems with either, so, knock on wood, I hope everyone that got their preorders in early get theirs by the end of the weekend. I would hate to wait through a second weekend for it!

24. Sakic10 macrumors member

I pre-ordered mine from Telus at 10:49 am on friday, and am yet to receive a confirmation call as of today...

hopefully it comes soon I'm hoping to have my new 4S on friday!

25. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

I'm very curious about the original post - all the Canadian orders I've seen say ships by October 14th. We don't have a delivery date. Yet the American orders all say delivered by October 14th. Very odd. I hope this doesn't mean I'll have to wait until the 17th or something for delivery. If that's the case it would have been better to go wait in line.