Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
I believe you, I think I heard it before somewhere but wasnt sure.
I dont get why though.
Thanks a lot AT&T:rolleyes:

Yep. On the contrary I don't ever use the talk and surf option, but I did the other day and it was pretty much pointless. One commercial specifically advertises opening email attachments, which is exactly what I did and it took forever. I then hung up the phone and it was fine.

I believe T-Mobile is the ideal GSM carrier. They do not throttle speeds at all and actually have unlimited data. Of course, that's coverage permitting, and where they actually have 1900mhz.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yep. On the contrary I don't ever use the talk and surf option, but I did the other day and it was pretty much pointless. One commercial specifically advertises opening email attachments, which is exactly what I did and it took forever. I then hung up the phone and it was fine.

I believe T-Mobile is the ideal GSM carrier. They do not throttle speeds at all and actually have unlimited data. Of course, that's coverage permitting, and where they actually have 1900mhz.

Depending on the attachment though.
1mbps should be plenty to download email. Remember that's Sprints and Verizons CDMA 3G speeds on the regural without being on the phone:D
About Tmobile Im also looking at them once they continue their refarming. Would be nice if they did LTE on the same bands too but Im not pushing it. Their prices are great and if we can get fast HSPA+ with the iphone then why not.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Depending on the attachment though.
1mbps should be plenty to download email. Remember that's Sprints and Verizons CDMA 3G speeds on the regural without being on the phone:D
About Tmobile Im also looking at them once they continue their refarming. Would be nice if they did LTE on the same bands too but Im not pushing it. Their prices are great and if we can get fast HSPA+ with the iphone then why not.

The HSPA+ speeds are great on T-Mobile. The 4S has gotten about 8-10Mbps during the day. Those speeds are fine for me. Only downside is, I know I'd be dipping into EDGE territory a lot. Definitely going to be looking at T-Mobile once my AT&T contract is up next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.