iPhone's Appearing in Bars

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Wicked1, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011

Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Doesn't this seem just a little fishy that all these new devices are being left in bars by employees. I jsut read the Engadget review of what looks to be the 4G ro S or 4HD being left in a 3GS case in a bar on the floor. Lasts years find of the 4 being left in a bar, and the supposedly new redesigned 5 being left in a bar.

I think this is either a ploy by Apple or these folks are seriously underpaid and looking for extra CA$H, or their jobs are so hard that all Apple empolyees are Drunks.

I think on the other hand if you look at it, good Marketing scheme by Apple, also they get everyone all Hyped up about a new device :rolleyes:

2. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

4. z3r0inc macrumors regular

I really don't think Apple is losing phones on purpose. In fact, I think the recent story itself is fishy. It came from out of the blue, the SF police could not confirm it, then the very next day, the SF police said "Oh, yeah, we have the report now."

I think someone screwed up, told the wrong people, didn't tell the truth, and is now trying to cover their tracks... just my opinion.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Alcohol...man's greatest equalizer.

It does not care how much money you have.
    It does not care of your status in life.
    It does not care what beliefs you have.

It treats everyone the same and allow all users the equal ability to do stupid ***** at any given moment.

6. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

Grammar nazi alert!

"iPhone's popping up in Bars" :eek:

Just what belonging to iPhone is popping up? Don't they teach English at troll school these days? :rolleyes:

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Either the internet brings out those with zero spelling/punctuation/composition skills, or the internet breeds those with zero spelling/punctuation/composition skills. Either way, eventually, incorrect use of apostrophes, etc. will no longer be thought of as incorrect, and "correct" usage may even be seen as incorrect. The internet always wins.

8. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

I blame (and can remember!) the September that never ended! :eek:

9. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Really did they not find one last year in a Bar, did they not pop up a story this year releated to what looks to be an iPhone 5 or 4s, also now they have another story on an iPhone 5 looking device being found in a 3GS case, not trolling dude, been here a while.

Just fishy what is going on

10. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Links?

11. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

this is the reason why i read other peoples posts.

12. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

My, my, so many negative critics.

It's just a casual forum post, not a thesis for ones masters degree.

There's an abundance of people who take this _way_ too seriously :)

13. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

It sounds fishy..you would think Apple would stress the fact of not losing your iPhone in a bar. :rolleyes: Why didn't the guy who found the device take pictures of it. You would think he would have a blurry cell phone picture.
    Well said :D

14. disarticulate macrumors regular

What review are you talking about? Link?

15. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

16. Shrink, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I hope you are wrong, but I am terribly afraid you're right.

Possessives, plurals, and my favorite, "loose" instead of "lose", drives me nuts.

Informal writing doesn't have to be illiterate.

I know it sounds pompous, elitist, and snotty to care about spelling and punctuation, but I guess it's just part of my being an old fart.;) :eek:

Edit: I changed incorrect usage above based on comments below. I just couldn't look at my own stupidity any more. All comment below are right and proper corrections - it was just too embarrassing to leave uncorrected. :eek:

17. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

If in fact somebody has an iphone 5, I would think they would not dare post pics after what happened with Gizmodo last year. Apple sued the crap out of them, took them to court, made them hire lawyers(lose lots of money) and the whole thing dragged for more than 1 year. Apple wanted to send a message for any one thinking of doing something similar in the future. So even if someone has an iphone 5, I don't think they want to risk being sued and charged with theft.

18. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

umm.

19. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Is that "umm, maybe he's right", or "umm, he's a jerk"? :D :confused:

20. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I would be afraid too. But at the same time, I would really want to release some pictures that tease at the new iPhone (like show a corner of it or something), but not fully reveal it. I wouldn't want all the surprise to be gone. Plus Apple wouldn't get as pissed about it. But I would go to the measures of first taking a pic of it. Then I would go to a public library in a different city. Then I would send my picture to a blog site that I know for sure would post it (as an anonymous tip, of course). Then I would go home, hide in a corner (or a panic room if it's finished by then) and hope Apple doesn't find me and try to sue me for revealing a corner of their upcoming product :D

21. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I believe it's an "umm, what's with the incorrect use of "don't" in a sentence when you're giving us a thesis on someone else using incorrect English?"

"Informal writing don't have to be illiterate."

It should read: "Informal writing doesn't (or does not) have to be illiterate."

:D:rolleyes:

22. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

There is none.

23. z3r0inc macrumors regular

Since this story was so "fishy", a lot of news groups tried to stay away from this story, adding to the "fishy"-ness.

24. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I feel like your taking all of the different facts about the one iPhone that was lost and making it into several different stories.

The iPhone 4 that was lost last year in the bar was concealed inside of a case that made it look like a 3G/3GS case. There is no clear story about what was lost this year (if anything) - It could just be a publicity stunt.

25. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Yes, it's umm, "Informal writing don't have to be illiterate." is a malformed sentence.