Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Hi,

I usually check my processes and my ipod app it's always on, even though I close it and manually stop it from running. any ideas.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
thank you all, it's just annoying, that's all, I do have the GS and it's not an issue I just don't know why it always stays in the background.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
thank you all, it's just annoying, that's all, I do have the GS and it's not an issue I just don't know why it always stays in the background.

It stays in the background so that if something happens that interrupts it, like a phone call, it can resume afterwards. Or would you prefer to have to relaunch it after you receive a phone call?

skasol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Ok. I don't think I asked the question correctly. I am not using the iPod app, I never launched it, I am not interested in using it, and even though I go to processes and close it out. Still stays running in the background. Thank you all.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Mine doesn't behave that way and I recall someone else having the issue where it kept launching. I don't have a solution other than just ignoring it. It won't tax your GS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.