ipod classic 500gb + fm radio

Discussion in 'iPod' started by brilliant, Oct 29, 2013.

1. brilliant macrumors member

brilliant

anybody else waiting for this day to come?

not everyone loves online streaming! there are people who have a huge music collection, want to take it on the go and listen to it offline! built-in fm radio would be a nice addition, too!

2. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Sadly this day won't come for two reasons:
    Apple is pushing iCloud
    Apple is focused on iPhone and iPad now because they are the money makers

I agree, streaming sucks especially in the US where the providers give you a paltry 2gb monthly limit for 30 like it's a deal. I am with T-Mobile and have unlimited data yet still use my iPod classic on a daily basis for music; I don't have to worry about reception or connectivity issues it just plays.

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Two more reasons: There are no 500 GB drives, and the number of people who want more than the available 160 GB is quite small.

I just did a search on Amazon UK, and there are no mp3 players with more than 120 GB other than Apple's iPod classic, and a single used Archos 7" media player with 320 GB. So this doesn't really have anything to do with Apple; there seems to be no market for these devices.

4. xianrenzhang macrumors newbie

Right,There are no 500 GB drives, and the number of people who want more than the available 160 GB is quite small.[​IMG]

5. korthaj macrumors newbie

“people don't know what they want until you show it to them.”

― Steve Jobs