iPod IOS 6 beta expired

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by eamaipod, Jul 29, 2012.

1. eamaipod macrumors newbie

Hi ...... I upgraded firmware to IOS 6 beta 1 about a month back ......one day when i turned my pod ON it showed message "Activation Required" then i tried to activate it but it kept displaying screen asking to connect usb cable to comp. When i tried to restore ipod , got an unkown error (3194) , tried using IREB to restore but that made things even worse now pod is unable to connect to itunes following an error message "iTunes could not connect to this iPod .An unkown error occured (0xE8000024)".......Please HELP !!!!......i made a huge mistake upgrading to IOS 6 beta !! :mad: Is there a way i can restore my ipod back to IOS 5.0 ??? any suggestions kindly comment !!! Thanks

2. agenda893 macrumors member

filthy pirate

iOS 6 is not a public beta so I'm glad you bricked your iPod. As a licensed developer I get all of my beta updates with no problems. If you want early access all you have to do is pay $100 a year - which sure beats you having to go buy a new iPod since the store wont help you either. Maybe the expenses will teach you a lesson in not stealing.

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Have you tried plain old DFU mode and then an alt-restore rather than ordinary restore?
    You'll probably have to download the last official firmware first and then manually select it during the restore.

4. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

What he said.

Now there are 2 things you can do

A: Take the safe route and live with it.

B: Take it to an apple store. If you do this, there is a chance they will see you are not an actual developer and either refuse to help you, or fine you a large sum of money.

5. noteple macrumors 65816

Make appointment with genius.

Before you go try a DFU restore.

If it doesn't work and you are under warranty tell them you cannot restore.

Don't volunteer any other "helpful" information.

They will just swap it out.

If you are not under warranty and the DFU restore doesn't work your recourse is to wait for iOS 6.x to be released.

6. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

Cheezus Chrust people, you don't have to humiliate the dude. This is a forum to help others, not bash them for their choices in life.

Anyway, OP, a DFU restore will more than likely do the trick. It may take a few tries to get into DFU mode. You can google for the instructions, or you can use redsn0w to help you, as it has a timer built in that tells you when to press the buttons.

Hopefully you learned your lesson, but trust me, you did no serious damage.

7. agenda893 macrumors member

Read the rules.

Unlicensed beta firmwares fall under 'Things not to do' in the forum rules. See the following:

Things Not to Do
    These habits can produce warnings and repeated violations can produce bans.

#6 Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

Not only did OP not use good sense in installing firmware he had no right to but he then had to violate the rules here. Anyone helping him with suggestions are also in violation. I see no problem with trying to keep this forum a place for people who play by the rules. :cool:

8. illyb2000 macrumors 6502

someone talking sense and trying to help....jesus whats the world coming to ?

I understand the guy "broke the rules" (altho surely he can do what he likes with his own ipod install betas or not ?) but all he asked for was some guidance; next time he won't bother I would imagine considering all the abuse he got on here.

9. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

Finally some really fun posts today. Been tired of reading the same old stuff lately.

10. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

He isn't asking for help to get iOS 6 beta though. He's already done that. He just asking for help to get off of it, which doesn't break the forum rules.

11. gotluck, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

This is not warez or piracy and his device is not bricked. Thanks. Go feel self righteous somewhere else.

iOS 6 beta 1 was essentially public.

12. EdLee macrumors member

Unfortunately, as per the READ ME of IOS 6 BETA, there is no way to go back to IOS 5 once updated. That's not to say someone hasn't come up with a way, but as far as I know, you cannot.

Sorry! You can always pay the $99 for developer access and try to do it legally (see if it will let you). You'll need to register your phone.

13. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

If you have ever jailbroken and saved your shsh blobs ( in cydia or otherwise) you can restore to that respective firmware with redsnow.

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

False. You can go into DFU mode and then shift-restore to iOS 5.

15. etsi macrumors regular

If you signup for developer access and install a beta version, can you upgrade to final without losing data?

16. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

The thread starter didn't even come back once to comment on any of the advice given! Perhaps he was a troll testing us with wicked sarcasm :(

17. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

he started crying after seeing the first reply to his thread. :D

18. batting1000 macrumors 604

Nope, you'll have to restore when going from the final beta to the GM. If the GM is the same as the first public release (which it usually is), you won't need to do anything.

19. Zorba macrumors regular

Zorba

My iPhone 4 (GSM) with beta 3 got bricked this morning as well. Downloaded 5.1.1 from Apple and just did option-Update, and 5.1.1 is installing as we speak. No DFU or so necessary.

20. DianneRigby macrumors newbie

21. batting1000 macrumors 604

You can't update from a higher OS to a lower one, I don't see how that would work.

22. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Partially incorrect. While you cannot load an older OS, you can load the current, live, production release (5.1.1) at any time.

Put into DFU mode, (google it). Restore in iTunes.

It will restore to the current (5.1.1) release.

23. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You can if the iOS is a beta!

24. batting1000 macrumors 604

No, I was saying you can't shift-UPDATE to an older release from a beta. I know you can shift-RESTORE.

25. unobtainium macrumors 68000

LOL. Yes, Apple will use its sovereign power as a legal political entity to charge him a huge fine. Then Apple will arrest him and place him in an Apple jail cell (all perfectly legal!) You people are hilarious.