iPod nano 3G Cases? What Are You Using?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Lenow, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Lenow macrumors member

I just got my new 3G Red Nano. The best case I have seen is the Marware Convertible. I need a case for the gym and running. It seems flexible and not too bulky. Can others share what they have learned or found for cases? NO, I do not work for Marware.

http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/Cas...rtsuit-Convertible-for-3G-iPod-nanoSportsuit™ Convertible for 3G iPod nano
    The Sportsuit Convertible supports your active lifestyle. Whether you want to listen to music while you run, walk or bike, or just casually carry your iPod, the Convertible allows you to “convert” your case to your needs. Wear your iPod on your arm, your hand, attach it to a belt or shoulder strap, or carry it as a slim stand-alone case in your pocket or bag—a four-in-one solution!

The rugged case construction fully, safely encloses your iPod while providing convenient access to controls and the Dock connector.

And, of course, you have the assurance of Marware’s lifetime guarantee!

PRICE: $29.99

2. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

I'm using my pocket. It's the best case around ;)

3. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

I've talked with folks at Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, and Circuit City and they all told me that you'll see new cases for the 3G iPod nano and the iPod classic from Belkin, DLO, Griffin and Speck by the end of the month. DLO told me in an email that they'll have both hard and soft shell cases for the 3G nano and classic by around October 1, 2007.

4. BennyK macrumors 6502

I heard the same time frame from Contour Cases.

5. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Marware have just updated their cases to fit the new nanos and classics. (Edit: Silly me, I should of noticed that you mentioned them in the first post :eek:)

Keep checking iLounge for news and reviews of new cases.

But I just leave my new nano bare, and there's no major scratches yet...

6. logicalnoise macrumors member

all I want is a simple sleeve to protect teh screen and back from scratches. Anyone know a good maker of those? I guess teh old ipod videos came with one but now no dice. BTW I have a 80 gig classic

7. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

iPod socks?

8. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

I'll be getting an iPod nano soon, and I was thinking I'd like to keep mine in my wallet as I have seen some people do. What could I use just for the screen or something? Like I mean, I don't want a hard clear cover case, just a little something for minimal protection.

9. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

InvisibleShield?

10. logicalnoise macrumors member

well 1). I don't need 4 of them
    2) they add bulk to the ipod

I may take alook on ebay and see if someone is selling their old video sleeve.

11. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

although i dont have a new nano i would vote for the socks.
    these little things are the best ipod case in my opinion, because of there simplicity. I have two packs and have em on my digital camera, iphone, soon to be ipod 6th gen, ipod shuffle, and a lot more things ;)

12. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

My Marware case will arrive tomorrow. I had pre-ordered a case from Incipio and cancelled it since they refuse to answer emails (4 total) about a delivery date. The Marware seems to be more of what I want anyway. I'll post my thoughts once it arrives.

13. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

10 bucks is steep for a piece of sticky plastic, is it worth it?

i am also looking for something extremely lightweight just to cover the screen. The body is metal and meant to protect the insides, so why cover it and ruin the aesthetics of the size/shape of the nano? i want something that will protect it, but i dont want to spend a lot on something that might come off easily or bubble up or fall apart.

14. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I always carry a handkerchief in my pocket and I just stick the Nano inside one of the folds when I want to carry it with me. If I'm carrying it in my computer bag I just stick it in the sleeve from my 5G video iPod.

15. Lenow thread starter macrumors member

Marware Sports Convertible Arrived

I just received my 3G Marware Sports Convertible. First impressions:

The case is not elegant, but very functional. The black leather case has a plastic screen to cover the dial and the screen, but it does cut off a tiny bit of the edges of the already small screen. Controlling the dial is easy enough even through the plastic. The three functions:

1. belt clip: this is the one I will probably use and it is pretty good and very light. This will allow me to use it like my ishuffle at the gym or just walking around. The earphone plug hole is a little off, but not a problem. The lock switch is also accessible.

2. Hand clip: Not sure if I will use this, but not a bad idea for running and holding it for easy switching.

3. Arm Band: Not to brag, but i am a weightlifter with pretty big arms and the arm band fits ok and doesn't pop off.

this is not the case for folks who are looking for an elegant case that keeps the tiny feel of the nano, but for sports, I think it will work fine. Going to the gym now and will report back.

16. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Maybe an iPod sock until I find something else that I like. I usually get iSkins for iPods. My 8Gb green nano that I got for $100 off, using my iPhone store credit, will arrive next week; I am so totally psyched! This will be so perfect for video podcasts of the news, a playlist of old favorites and a few latest-favorite songs.

17. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

That thing gets lost in an iPod sock.

18. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yes, it is. I have an invisible shield on my 1G nano, my macbook, and my iphone. It provides great protection that will never come off and that you can hardly see. It does create a bit of a "textured" feel, but I actually like that. Definitely a great product.

19. freebooter macrumors 65816

freebooter

Until dedicated 3rd gen. products hit the shelf, my new nano is protected by clear packing tape on the chrome back, a display 'invisible shield' for a 5th gen. ipod cut down to size, and a thin, burgundy colored, leather card holder from a stationary store. $10 total cost. I'm set.

20. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Well the InvisibleShield is sounding pretty good, but for those of you with the 3G nanos already... does the screen or body scratch easily? I'll be keeping my nano in my wallet where there's a nice space for it (love how these things are so small)... and it's not like there'd be change or anything where I'm putting the nano so it'd be the lining that would do damage if any... I just don't know whether I'll need protection from the lining or not depending on how tough these 3G's are.

21. kevinliu4 macrumors regular

it's a crime to bundle up such a beautifully designed piece of hardware, however it does need to be protected so i am using a 3g nano invisible shield.

22. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

23. jshthomas macrumors newbie

I am using this one,

http://www.usbfever.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=344

and also a protector

http://www.usbfever.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=356

not bad, especially the protector, perfectly fit. :)

24. sonictonic macrumors 6502a