Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flaubert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Somehow my iPod Nano 6G (the small square clip-on Nano) has entered a mode where it shuffle plays everything, even though I am not starting play with the Shuffle option at the top of albums, songs, or playlists. I think that this is new behavior; I'm certain that I've been able to start an album or playlist in the middle or at the first item in the past, and have it just play everything sequentially. I've tried powering it off and restarting it (not just putting it to sleep, but seeing the little rotating status bars on the dimmed screen). The sleep/wake button is set to Play/Pause, and Shake to shuffle (all options in Settings > Music are off, in fact). Help!

flaubert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2015
Portland, Oregon
OK, well I finally found a solution to this problem! Under Settings > Reset Settings there is the option to reset all the user preferences of the device. Performing this action brought back sequential playback, albeit at the cost of having to twiddle some of the other settings to get them back to where I like them.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
Good to read that you sorted out. That was my favourite Nano although, arguably, the 7th and last Nano was a better device having buttons as well as a touchscreen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.