Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Recently revived my old classic with a dead hard drive with a 512gb sd card. Itā€™s been nice!
Indeed! šŸ‘
I have a 5th gen iPod Classic that I'll be doing a battery and SSD swap soon. Last autumn I refurbished my brown Zune 30 and Creative Zen Vision:M with new batteries and SSDs. Dead simple to do.

SoldOnApple

Suspended
Jul 20, 2011
I quite disagree actually, hate camera bumps and if Apple counts the screen bump on the Nano it should count the camera bump on the Pro IMO
If Apple sold an iPad Pro without any rear cameras, or camera bump, at all, would you buy it?

CrysisDeu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2018
Is it actually good to be as thin as a tiny little pocketable iPod?

One could argue the iPP has become too thin for comfort and ergonomics .. and in proportion to its overall size
I find remarkable and sony eink devices to be easier to hold due to how light they are

Cirillo Gherardo

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2024
You sound like you'd have trouble turning door handles.

All these weak-wristed people on MR
Nice personal attack, but in truth the lighter the iPad is the more utility it has. A heavy one is not something anyone with any level of wrist strength is going to hold for any period of time.

Reactions: ric22

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Nice personal attack, but in truth the lighter the iPad is the more utility it has. A heavy one is not something anyone with any level of wrist strength is going to hold for any period of time.
"I'd prefer it actually be possible to hold the thing" .... just reacting to your comment.

Azeroth1

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
I honestly donā€™t understand their obsession with making super thin products even more super thin.

I can appreciate the engineering of it all, but as a consumer I could care less.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I was suggesting the current camera was overkill for document scanning. The focal length also is not ideal for document scanning. Cases do tend to solve the problem of the bump, I agree.
I believe that the existence of the camera bump is the primary reason why Apple no longer makes smartcovers for iPads anymore. Folio cases (with sufficient thickness to match the bump help mask the bump).

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
Itā€™s like measuring your neck and saying hey, Iā€™m thin. Donā€™t look at my fat ass. šŸ˜‚

philvid2

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
Not true! On the iPod nano you can also track your steps and listen to the radio :).
I know you are joking, but I still use my 2015 nano to listen to the radio. I sometimes go to football and rugby games by myself, and the nano is good for listening to the radio coverage during halftime and after the game without having to worry that the network can handle everyone using their phones.

• Love
Reactions: szw-mapple fan

aja_96

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2021
If Apple sold an iPad Pro without any rear cameras, or camera bump, at all, would you buy it?
In all honesty no, since I am no longer interested in iPad Pro as I found iPadOS too restrictive. That said I really dislike the bump on my 2018 12.9ā€

ccrider2002

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2024
Are we certain this is a real Apple ad? I canā€™t find it on any of their pages anywhere. But thatā€™s awesome if true. I love their old ads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.