ipod photo

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
hey everyone,

i just recieved my new 40Gig ipod photo. all i can say is that it is unbelievable. i do have one concern though... i have some scratches on the screen, is there anyway of removing them?

thanks for your help.

regards,
ipaqman

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
yup it advises that on ipodlounge.com. i would get yourself a case for it. i have an evo iskin which is pretty good (i dont know if they do a 4g version yet), it also keeps the screen scratch free as it has a screen cover with it!

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
i have that iskin evo case for it but there is a scratch on the glass protector that comes with it. is there any way to get the scratches off of it?

thanks,
ipaqman

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
Ipaqman said:
i have that iskin evo case for it but there is a scratch on the glass protector that comes with it. is there any way to get the scratches off of it?

thanks,
ipaqman
i think you can buy new ones. look on the site where you got it from

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
Ipaqman said:

thanks,
ipaqman
I have my PPod on the way and wanted to know about a good skin for it, would you change the iskin evo you have, if you could? isn't the thickness an issue? I thought the pPod was thicker than the 4G...can you confirm this?

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
AmigoMac said:
I have my PPod on the way and wanted to know about a good skin for it, would you change the iskin evo you have, if you could? isn't the thickness an issue? I thought the pPod was thicker than the 4G...can you confirm this?
i wouldnt change mine. it give your ipod bouncability!

i have dropped mine a few times and not a scratch!

James Craner

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I have a 3rd Gen iPod that did have a scratch on the display, but Brasso removed it and has also cleaned up the metal back as well.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
is there any other substance that can remove those scratches. something that you can buy from a store, that is not online.

thanks,
ipaqman

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Brasso is available in every discount (kmart and target), grocery, and hardware store i've ever been to. look in the cleaning aisle... it's pretty cheap.

you may have to do repeat applications to reduce large scratches... but it does work. great stuff to have around the house.

paul

HardHatMac9

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2004
Ipaqman said:
hey everyone,

i just recieved my new 40Gig ipod photo. all i can say is that it is unbelievable. i do have one concern though... i have some scratches on the screen, is there anyway of removing them?

thanks for your help.

regards,
ipaqman
Ditto. I got scratches within minutes of taking my ipod photo out of its packaging. The Apple Case is a bit abrasive, I think. A case makes sense, but they take away from the beauty and feel of the ipod....

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
thanks for your help, i will buy brasso. also i got the iskin evo for my ipod and there is a slight tear in the front... is this normal for their to be a slight teat on the front. is there someway that i can patch it? also what other cool programs do you have for your ipod? is there any cool downloads? also, how do i use the brasso to clean the ipod. do i apply it right on the ipod screen and all over the back. will it get recked if it gets on the screen?

thanks again for your help,
ipaqman

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
could someone please reply... i want to know what you think.

thanks,
ipaqman

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
thanks for the instructions. is there any place to purchase brasso in canada... can you buy it at homehardware or anyplace like that? also what kool programs do they have for the ipod... any kool games that you can download.

thanks again,
ipaqman

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Ipaqman said:
thanks for the instructions. is there any place to purchase brasso in canada... can you buy it at homehardware or anyplace like that? also what kool programs do they have for the ipod... any kool games that you can download.

thanks again,
ipaqman

you cant get new games for the ipod at this point :( but you can get a program that puts the recent news on your notes without pics. by the way i used to be able to play .mpeg files on my ipod as a song but after upgrading to the new 40 gig photo i cant anymore? too bad, i thought that would be the way to get a video on the screen. everything is great but i wish i had the 60 gig color :( oh well...

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
the only difference between the 40gig and the 60gig is the bigger size. there are no other advantages to buying the 60gig are there.

ipaqman

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
i havent looked yet... i will check at home depot. let me know if your find it anywhere. i will check this weekend.

thanks,
ipaqman

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Fuquay Varina, NC
Ipaqman said:
i havent looked yet... i will check at home depot. let me know if your find it anywhere. i will check this weekend.

thanks,
ipaqman
My local HD didn't carry it. I was able to find it at Ace Hardware - do they have those up there?

Best $3 I have ever spent :)

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
let me know if there are any places in canada that sell it. it would be much appriciated.

thanks,
ipaqman

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
AmigoMac said:
I just got my 60 gig ipod photo today from the apple store. The iskin evo 2 that I bought for my 4G 40 gig ipod does fit despite the fact that the photo ipod is slightly thicker. This is due to the stretchy nature of the iskin itself.
Now I have to buy another skin for my 40 gig ipod.