Ipod touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lukeyyyyy, Dec 12, 2010.

1. lukeyyyyy macrumors member

A Majority of threads I have seen regarding the mentioned product seem to be negative, now I am no apple fanboy but I would just like to say what a fantastic product the ipod touch is, I have the 2nd Generation bought in early 2009 and so far it has not give me any problems.

The battery life after almost 2 years of continuos usage still performs well, I can still get about 2h 30min of Battery playing the very latest demanding 3D games, which brightness set to about 50%

It Never crash's all the functions work well, its still relatviley quick, and taking into consideration I only paid £219 for it, I really feel it was £219 Well spent.

I will be looking to obtain the iphone 5 when its released, and I am certin my 2g will last until that time.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

3. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

Compared to any other mobile product in the world, there really isn't anything quite like the support that the iPod Touch has continuously received. I purchased my 2g in late 2008, and it is STILL getting updates to its OS regularly, along with its feature set. And I haven't paid a penny for any data plans or service. Pretty incredible if you think about it.

Unfortunately, iOS4 really does stretch its capabilities pretty thin. It functions, but everything is much slower than when it was new, and it frequently crashes on graphically intense games unless I restart the device before playing. As much as I appreciate it being included in updates, I think I'd probably take a more stable, speedy platform over an expanded feature set at this point. It just doesn't have enough memory, plain and simple. It also irks me slightly that I KNOW this is a marketing tactic by Apple to try to get me to upgrade.

Still, I use it every single day, multiple times throughout the day, and for two years now it has more-or-less replaced my laptop. There is no other product on the market that could have done what my iPod Touch 2g has done for me, at the price point that it has done it at.