Ipod Touch 3G specs released?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mrfatboy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

Does anybody know how long before actual realease dates Apple typically announces the new specs to their Ipod devices? How soon did we know the actuall Ipod Touch 2G specs before it's release?

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You get the specs once the device is released.

Until then it's all SPEC-ulation.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

4. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

i am still asking that question to everybody, and no one knows!! o_O:confused:

wait till september, but until then dream and speculate (camera, microphone, gps!!!! 64GB mmmmmmmm):)

5. Mrfatboy thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm, the last time I asked was in april, nobody gave me a good answer then. I can't believe the day they product is for sale(ipod touch 3d) is the day the world konws of its capabilities.

6. jpbl68 macrumors member

Wouldn't you rather have expandable storage, like a built in micro sd reader. I've asked this before and never had an answer, why won't Apple allow you to expand your storage space? Seems like a rip off to me. 8GB for a device capable of playing movies seems ridiculously small and charging the best part of £200 more for the 32GB version seems like a con.

7. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I always thought that was a good idea. They could put it in the dock connector hole and no one would ever see it.

8. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

ehh, i wouldn't, the ipod touch is like an oversize memory card, i don't even use all of it's memory, if their was a 32 GB ipod, i would probably use about 4GB of music, and 10GB on apps, and 3GB of photos and other stuff.

expandable storage means, the ipod touch will get a lil bit bigger, really makes no sense to me.

i would only see that in the iphone (since it's a smartphone and people might want more Data in their phone for business), but i don't know. Expandable memory in the ipod touch really seems odd.;)

9. jpbl68 macrumors member

If you aren't using yours for video then 32GB should be more than enough. But if you like watching movies on the go then you really do need the extra space, unless you want to be constantly deleting videos to make space for new ones which might effect the lifespan of the device.

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Then you must be new to the world of Apple. Enjoy the ride!

11. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I DO THE SAME THING!!! delete the old videos! and put in new ones's!!!! :D

12. jpbl68 macrumors member

I don't think it's good to frequently do that. Every MP3 player, memory stick and SD card I've had warned against frequently uploading and deleting information. I'm not sure if the iPod Touch is the same.

Just out of curiosity, what apps are you using? 10GB seems like a lot of space. I take it it's mostly games.

13. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

:D

14. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

nah, i don't have a 16GB ipod touch i have a ipod touch 8GB.

and i use like 2GB of music and videos, and 5GB of apps, and 1GB of other stuff, i only have about less than 550 MB's left

i feel like updating to the 16GB when the ipod touch 3G comes out:D