iPod Touch 3rd. Generation (What & When to expect)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KrazyKuul, Jun 16, 2009.

1. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

My biggest question is "When can we expect to see a redesigned iPod touch come out?" There has not been any news from apple that I have heard of, And I cannot think of any other addons that they may include besides a compass (like in the new iPhone 3g S). I know they definitely won't add a camera, and probably not a mic for certain apps (because it would interfere with the speaker), but what do you guys think they'll redesign it to? I would like to sell my old iPod touch 1g in mint condition, so then I could buy a hopefully cheaper iPod touch 3g when it comes out, but then again I am thinking there are things I will not like about it. One possibility that may come to the new iPod touch may be a PLASTIC BACKPLATE like on the iPhone. That would suck so bad I couldnt even start to explain how much that would be a bad Idea, but if you look, the iPhone went from metal to plastic, why not the iPod touch too to save apple a few bucks on each device. But what would suck even more is if apple did not redesign it all like the new iPhone and just added some random crap to the new iPod touch.. i dont think they'll do that.

So overall, If anyone could give me a prediction on the release date of the new iPod touch 3g, that would be great. And also, give me some Ideas on what you guys think apple will redesign it to.

My image is an iPod touch that brings back the flat metal back of the 1g, but cuts the thickness down by a little bit. Also, it will still have the speaker and volume buttons like in the 2g. They may add on an OLED screen which would save alot of battery power since they don't need backlights, and mabey the front will have some new design features too.. I dont know about that though. The firmware will obviously be 3.0, and the device may have a faster processor too. And hopefully we will se a 64gb version, though I wouldnt buy it, it would be an upgrade for apple, and they could cut the 8gb, and make 16gb the same price as 8.... hopefully.

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

honestly how many times is this going to be asked. it will most likely come out in SEPTEMBER like it has for the past two years and like all the other iPods. there are at least three other threads on the front page that answer this question. also there's another thread about speculations for features here. (which is also on the front page)

3. Kugar77 macrumors newbie

yea that OLED screen might be wishful thinking... it would make it way too expensive but this question has already been asked many times

4. KrazyKuul thread starter macrumors regular

probably should have though this one through before posting this.

yeah i know this has been asked like a million times, but i was trying to focus more on the aspects rather than when will it come out and what will it look like.

sorry for the multi-spam-posted thread.

5. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I actually remember seeing a news story a while back of an Apple job listing that was looking for people to work on cameras for the iPhone and iPod. So at the very least, it appears Apple is exploring the possibility of a camera on the iPod.