Ipod Touch 4G 32 GB or Ipad 16 GB Wifi..?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by diogojg20, Jan 9, 2011.

1. diogojg20 macrumors newbie

diogojg20

I watch lot´s of movies but I want a portable media player I have an Ipod touch 2G But I feel it´s time for an upgrade But I just don´t know Ipod Touch 4G or Ipad 16 Gb no wifi..?

2. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I would get the iPad.
    I have an iPhone 3GS and I Realize that the iPad is enough iOS for me, now I use the iPhone as a phone and iPod, but I don't buy so many iPhone apps and load so much stuff on it anymore

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It depends what you want.
    Take an iPad for home use entertainment and continue using your iPod for whatever you do (playing music presumably?)

Your iPod shouldn't have an issue playing music. If you want it to do more than that, then maybe you need to get a new iPod.

That's what I would do. Use the iPad for home, and the iPod for on the go (if it can suffice your needs - otherwise I'd upgrade the iPod).

I have a iPod Touch 8GB 3G (basically a renamed version of the same iPod you have) and while it is kinda slow (compared to my 3GS), it still works for the basic stuff (apps, music, video). Mine is pretty new so the battery lasts a long time. I'm not sure how well your battery works now since its been a while since you've got yours.

4. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

I think you can wait for a couples of days, because I heard iPad 2 with Retina display and back and front camera will be released a month later. But I don't know whether it's a rumor. Whatever, this forum is rumor too...:D

5. diogojg20 thread starter macrumors newbie

diogojg20

The problem with this is that the new Ipod touch is only coming out in september 2011 (Rumors) and I don´t want to wait more than half an year to get the new Ipod so I thought I decide between the Ipod touch 4G and the Ipad 32 GB....
    I really like the retina display on the Ipod touch 4G seems pretty awesome but of the Ipad I have a bigger screen to watch movies.... and listen to music videos....

6. ranny2 macrumors member

Wait for iPad 2

I totally agree with the above answer - wait for the iPad 2 and get that. It looks like it will have dual cameras, a higher resolution display (probably not retina because if it did, it would be higher than 1080p) and larger solid state harddrives - so it will be faster!
    Hopefully it will be the same price or cheaper as well. What you could do is wait until the iPad 2 has been released, then get a cheap iPad 1 AND an iPod Touch. Just a suggestion :)

7. Synthion, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011

Synthion macrumors regular

Honestly, if price is not a big deal, there are only four things you need to decide on.

1. Is it for yourself only? (Instead of a family device.) Y/N
    2. Is a camera important? Y/N
    3. Are you a resolution junkie? Y/N
    4. Do you want a more portable iDevice? Y/N

If mostly Y, then go for a Touch. Otherwise, an iPad.;)

PS: Waiting for the iPad 2 is good in theory, but it isn't even announced yet, and unless Apple pulls an imminent release, (which won't happen), it will be alot more than "a few weeks". Ever heard of "Should I eat a brownie or wait?"

8. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Two different birds that cannot be compared. I've come to the conclusion that one will need both to be completely satisfied. The iPad is too large to conveniently travel, so the Ipod is needed. The iPod is not the greatest interface to use while at home, hard on the eyes for long periods of time, so the iPad is the best for home use.

9. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

I almost got an iPad becasue:

A. It would be easy to go online and view web pages
    B. I could play apps
    C. I could have videos on it

I kept my iPod because:
    A. The camera is very fun and useful
    B. I like the games
    C. Great music player
    D. Nice pocket computer

And just for fun, (I know this is really off topic, but...)

I want a MacBook Air,

A. Becasue it's small and I want a laptop
    B. It's a good price
    C. I need my own computer
    D. It's portable, small, and lightweight and I can charge my iPod from it if I plug the laptop in at night. (The power outlet is right behind the head of my bed so I could do late night web browsing)

10. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502