Ipod touch 4G Candyshell question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by olicool1234, Nov 5, 2010.

1. olicool1234 macrumors newbie

so, i finaly got my candyshell for my iPod but im worried about a thing, can i let the case on while charing my ipod witouth it being hot enough to damage anything(Hardware, Case).

im just thinking that it might get hot while its in the case, as it "could" keep the heat inside it while witouth a case it "could" let the heat get away.

Sorry for my bad english, im french :l

2. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Don't worry about it.

The iPod Touch is fine.

It won't get overheated.

Leave the case on when charging. The case with absorb the heat and retain it in the case for awhile and be release from the outside of the case.

It's of no concern, just enjoy the iPad Touch with the case and use it as normal.

3. olicool1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, so my friend is not the only saying this to me then, i should use my case...

Its just the fact that im OCD(kinda lazy too explain in details but if you dont know what it is its just that im freaking paranoid over small things: exemple: today, i look at my ipod during 25 minutes because i was thinking i bent it from taking it out of my case...)

but, would you recommend me using my candyshell or this? http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=520012

(Belkin grip vue)

4. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Bekin Grip Vue is a great case!

I've use it on an iPad.

But yeah don't be so OCD about electronics.

I am the same when I first get an electronic but then it faids away. Just enjoy the product and don't worry so much about scratching it.

Get a case and just enjoy it normally.

5. olicool1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

the thing is that im diagnosed as an OCD person, i take pills because im like that 24/7 ...

6. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Then it must be hard to enjoy the iPod Touch to the fullest. ;)

7. olicool1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

kinda...

8. Crigger540 macrumors member

Crigger540

I am the same way, but its not about the case, its about my theme - I am constantly updating and tinkering with my theme. The retina display is amazing with the Black'UPS theme. btw no heating problem with my Belkin Vue case.

9. olicool1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Belkin vue cases can be taken off easily. . .

10. hockeyhammer macrumors regular

I have a belkin grip vue and it Is amazing, too bad I got It after dropping my fourth gen and denting the back, but its a great case and I have dropped it alot (even on cement) from between 2 and 4 feet and its completely protected

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Honestly, don't stress yourself out.
    If you think its too hot when it charges, then take it out of the case. In most cases, it's fine in the case. All of my iOS devices charge coolly, but I remember my iPod Touch used to charge up pretty hot sometimes (not sure why, but it doesn't happen anymore)

12. olicool1234, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

olicool1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Lol, belkin grip vue is just a lttle piece of TPU...(well, atleast mine).I would be pretty worried if i dropped my ipod on cement in a
    case like that, but just to be sure, are you using the model named lotus, metallic or tint? Maybe they arent the same since metallic is just like a silicone case but a bit harder.

And i just noticed sonething horrible.... My candyshell broke( the little part just under the home button and just above the usb plug,or watever its called). It broke after less than 2 weeks of using it and its on my dads freind credit card and i bought it in the only close apple store there is ( 1 h45) of route so i have no way to bring it back for another 1.... I failed i guess.

Sorry for my bad english, im french :l

EDIT: I discovered something else about my case, its a bit deformed, so i decided to let the candyshell go and go back to my Grip vue 'till i find something better.