Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eirik2306

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Hi guys, im just wondering is my ipod getting to hot? ive just bought my Ipod Touch 4g for one day ago, and today i played Modern Combat 2, and i noticed that the top of the screen near the face camera, was getting "warm" is this normal guys? When i play the sam game on my old iphone 3g it does not happen.
:):confused::confused:

:::::

im running 4.3.3 by the way, not jailbroken, any helpp??

Last edited by a moderator:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
That's perfectly fine when playing games and/or any other demanding activity. It would be a concern if you just had it in your pocket it or were listening to music though.

SXR

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
Netherlands
That's perfectly fine when playing games and/or any other demanding activity. It would be a concern if you just had it in your pocket it or were listening to music though.

Exactly. Same deal with the iPhone. Consider it a hand warmer.

Eirik2306

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
ive played Bad company 2 for a little time now on my Ipod and i did notice it was pretty warm when i played around the front cam.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
The heating is normal. Remember this touch has both a faster processor, and is thinner than an iPhone 3G. You are feeling more heat, because there isn't as much between the processor and the front (or back) of the iPod Touch.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Hi guys, im just wondering is my ipod getting to hot? ive just bought my Ipod Touch 4g for one day ago, and today i played Modern Combat 2, and i noticed that the top of the screen near the face camera, was getting "warm" is this normal guys? When i play the sam game on my old iphone 3g it does not happen.
:):confused::confused:

:::::

im running 4.3.3 by the way, not jailbroken, any helpp??

I have same iPod, same OS.
I have the same thing, I assumed that the battery was up there.

Sjhonny

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
The land of the cucumbers
I have same iPod, same OS.
I have the same thing, I assumed that the battery was up there.

Nope, that's where the cpu and mobo are located.
PWirqgnQWcUTH5EJ.medium

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011

Short for motherboard.

To the OP: The touch getting a little warm is perfectly normal. The question has actually been answered many times in these forums. Next time you should search the forums using Mroogle to check if your question has already been answered. The link to Mroogle is in my signature (Just some friendly advice to help you get answers to questions quicker :).)

All the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.