Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnny7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
In order to finalize my decision on getting one of the new touches, I'd like to just see what percentage of people have found issues/flaws and those of you who haven't found any problems. I know there were posts asking the specific issues in poll form but I wanted it to be a bit more watered down to get solid results.

Feel free to discuss the issues you are having or anything else on the subject.

Hope this helps you guys too!
-Johnny

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I've only had mine a few hours (though it's my 4th iPod Touch and eleventy billionth iDevice overall), and I've had no issues so far. Loving the fact that the smaller size means that I can use it on my car dock with a lot more cases than just the Incipio Feather, which was the only one that'd fit on the previous generation. It's a minor thing, but was a very, very pleasant surprise.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
take it from me, i still have my 1st generation ipod touch....and it still works fine!

i even jailbreak it and it feels actually much faster!:eek:

i would guess a 4G would be as superior

eddy2099

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2010
Well, I guess I could say mine is flawless as far as the reported issues such as the light leak and battery issues. I supposed the flaws I find are build by design such as the back is easily scratched, the LCD touchscreen loves my fingerprint, apps crashing from time to time, wifi not working at times after 30minutes in sleep mode and no integration in the file system.

Apart from that, it works great.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Mine are now. The only issue pending with both my 8GB and my 32GB was the clicking audio problem when taking video with wifi turned on. But iOS 4.2.1 fixed that. So now I'm a happy camper. Didn't have any light leakage on either of them though.

BASRification

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2010
Texas
Software-wise, everything is pretty good. Safari is crashy sometimes though. I received my iPod free of any light-leaks and dead pixels. But my battery could be better (not horrible) and my front panel is creaky towards the camera. Hopefully, my soon-released Otterbox will take care of that.

iTouch.lover22

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2009
Have had mine for two months now, and it's still perfect :) Several friends also have one, and all of theirs are perfect too.

Johnny7

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Originally, I made this question a poll, but for some reason(guess I did it wrong), it didn't work..

But thanks for all of the replies! Keep them coming :)

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Just curious (I didn't want to make a new thread about this) but does the iPod Touch 4th Gen have it's capacity engraved into the back? :)

Scott549

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2010
I love mine. This is what I think about the battery issues many people are having. If you are using the Internet, Skype, or anything else that requires a wifi connection, it's like using a laptop, and you should expect shorter battery life, maybe 6-8 hours. But you'll get great battery life if you're just using it for music. It's very easy to go into the settings and turn Airplane Mode on when you don't need wifi.

aimeeinohio

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2010
I've had mine for about 3 months, and it's fabulous...Other than the back getting scratched because i didnt realize how EASILY it would scratch, so I didn't have a case on it right away....And, I downloaded Angry birds Lite off of iTunes the other day. When I sync'd the iPod, Angry Birds would not load onto it? So i had to go to iTunes right on the touch to download it. I've never had that happen before.

My ONLY complaint is the camera...it sucks. Other than that, this thing is my BFF:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.