iPod Touch 4th Gen or iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LaeeqB, Oct 25, 2010.

1. LaeeqB macrumors newbie

Currently, I am using an unlocked iPhone 3GS on T-Mobile with only 1000 mins on my contract. No data plan whatsoever. I have to use Wi-Fi all the time. It is running iOS 4.0.1 right now. I was wondering whether or not I should sell my 3GS and buy an iPod Touch 4th Gen. Oh and BTW, I can use a simple flip or slider phone if I buy an iPod Touch. Please reply ASAP. Thank you!

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Hmm no data plan. If you had one, then I would have recommended to stay with the iPhone. I guess thats not a bad idea. Just realize your giving up a better camera, if you are into that kind of stuff.

3. LaeeqB thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I don't use the camera all too often and if I do it's either for Facebook or FatBooth (which is an AWESOME app!). I've seen a few pictures taken with an iPod Touch 4th Gen and they weren't that bad.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Since you are asking, it seems like you want to go for the iPod - so you should.

I would go for the iPod if I was in your situation too :)

5. Bakakage macrumors 6502

I'd say the retina display/front camera/gyroscope is worth selling your 3GS for.

6. forcetactic macrumors 6502

7. LaeeqB thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm mostly leaning towards the iPod because of the front camera and Retina Display so I guess I'll go for it. Thanks for your help guys!

8. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

If so, then retina display = iPod touch 4th gen is the way to go.