ipod touch 4th gen speakers worst

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by EllieV, Nov 4, 2010.

1. EllieV macrumors 6502

I have compared with friends who have 2nd gen touch, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. The Fourth generation iPod Touch's speaker is way quieter....couldn't apple have made a speaker in the jack, and the one where it currently is? that would be double, and make it awesome.... but no... we got crappier speakers...

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Disregarding sound quality, the iPod Touch 4th generation speakers should be louder than the iPod Touch 2nd generation, but it may not be louder than the iPhones. (normal).

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Your right OP, they do seem to be quieter than my 2g speakers :rolleyes:

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I guess it's because some things just can't be shrunk down. I mean the 4G iPod touch is crazy thin. There's no way you could fit a nice speaker on that thing.

I still find it usable though. Comes in handy for email/notification updates, small games and the occasional Youtube video.

5. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

When I am holding it landacape mode my hand is covering it making me unable to hear it

6. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

I do hope Apple gets a clue on the next gen iPod Touch. Functionality should be paramount over form. I agree with portability, but its just gotten ridiculous to the point of sacrificing some basic things that would greatly enhance end user experience. I would venture to say that virtually every purchaser would sacrifice a tenth of an inch of size to get a better camera and speaker.

7. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

The speaker is pathetic. Sound distorted when held in landscape mode due to the speaker, very quiet in environment with normal conversation...

8. shrakner macrumors member

I don't believe functionality should always trump form- Apple devices tend to use form to actually enhance functionality, as good design should.

HOWEVER, I do agree with your point. Making the Touch a tad thicker won't be noticeable to most people, will allow for a better back camera and speakers, and a bit more battery life. These things are all probably more important to most people, and not just to techies like the people on this forum.