iPod Touch 5g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pizz, Sep 22, 2010.

?

The feature you want to see most on the iPod Touch 5g is:

1. 5" screen

21 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. gps/compass

44 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. better camera

75 vote(s)
    46.6%
  4. 3g/4g cellular access

21 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. pizz macrumors regular

5g will have:

4.5" or 5" OLED screen
    gps
    compass
    better camera

2. Ipodize macrumors member

Ipodize

The 4G has only just come out and ALREADY there's someone speculating about the 5G?

3. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I don't see why they would do any of that...maybe better camera...

4. mchad macrumors member

wow...this is going to be a long year for you isn't it

5. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

I know I fell asleep today in American Studies, but I didn’t think I had been sleeping for 320 days.

6. Bitcrusher macrumors member

7. Fulaeetoy macrumors newbie

Fulaeetoy

8. Plonk macrumors newbie

Plonk

WoW you are starting early arent you. Hehehe

9. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

GPS, higher MP camera seems fair, maybe AMOLED or OLED.

10. Panther71 macrumors regular

Are you ********* kidding that you are already starting a thread about the 5g iPod Touch!?! It will take me a while to digest what I now have.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You left out 128Gig flash drive! Also, if the size increases to 5 inches, wouldn't that be more of a mini-iPad?

12. nigameash macrumors 6502

13. SoraLimit macrumors regular

Apple thinks way too highly of their Retina Screen to switch to AMOLED. The most they'll do is add IPS to the iPod touch.

The difference in screen probably means the developers have to redesign their apps to fit four different sizes of screens. Highly unlikely.

3G is a possibility, 4G... no.

Better camera is the only thing on that list that I completely agree with.

14. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

The iPad is a maxi iPod touch. Call it what you will, but Apple currently has tablets in two sizes - 3.5" (iPod touch) and 9.7" (iPad). Nothing wrong with having other sizes.

15. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

Apple likes to keep things simple.

16. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

Now why would they do that? They had the chance to do it this year, but deliberately decided not to by making the touch smaller.

17. iFanboy503 macrumors newbie

iFanboy503

Wouldn't this make it the iPhone?

I mean, really. It's basically downgrading to the 3Gs for looks (minus the camera) and adding 3G? I think this'll be the iPad and iPhone's thing. Sure, a 3G/4G thing without a data plan would be awesome. But I don't think it'll come in the near future. Besides. Apple's gotta keep a LITTLE consistency with their lineup, eh?

18. Ipodize macrumors member

Ipodize

It makes good business sense to put a crap camera into the current Touch and then to upgrade it with the next one, as all the people who buy the current one will want to upgrade next year because of the better camera.

19. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

The current iPad is too big. I see no major advantage to it over my netbook. A 7" tablet makes more sense.

20. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

Not me. I generally skip one or two generations, sometimes more, before upgrading. My netbook is 2yo, my cell phone is 3yo, and my handheld GPS is 4yo. I'm considering upgrades for the last two.

21. Zompac macrumors newbie

I decline those options, instead I want to see other features.

I predict the changes will be, 128 gb flash, 512 megabytes of ram. And possibly hopefully an arm processor that's dual core. And underclocted to keep some battery life. A bigger battery. More contrast on the screen. Possibly 3mp camera with more overall quality and video quality. Maybe flash. Might be the same design if not to support bigger battery and bigger camera with bigger lens with slightly thicker display for more contrast.

And I bet apple is investing millions in imagination technologies to build them an amazing GPU processor. Possibly more features in ios.

And I have no idea what else. But remember this and put a circle around this in your mind cause I might be right cause Im very close to the iPod touch since day one. Also apple has had the 64gb iPod since first gen so it's time they upgrade to 128gb which will attract many customers (like me lol). And a dual core arm CPU will be really cool. But the upgraded gpu till not make a difference until the iPhone 6 comes out :( it will just be hidden awesomeness just like the iPod touch 3G gnu was. Just download unreal engine for iPad cause iPad uses the same gpu as the iPod touch 3G. So the iPod 5 will mostly be a huge performance upgrade. Nothing new, but way faster. And ios features too. There will be new innovations when iPod touch 6 comes out. Rofl I'm talking about the iPod 6 when the iPod 4 just came out.

Oh and of corse it will be "magical" LOL

22. Kamakzie macrumors member

I think a nicer still camera would be excellent. I would gladly sacrifice a little of the thinness. Also maybe a flash if possible.

23. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

- Same front face-time camera
    - 2 or 4 mpix autofocus rear camera + LED flash
    - 16, 32, 128 GB capacities
    - better build quality
    - an IPS or SUPER AMOLED screen, possibly bigger one 3,7''/4'' (damn, it's about time!)
    - 512mb of ram
    - GPS

That's it for me. I would really like these features, even for the cost of a bit higher price :)
    We really won't have to wait till the nex september to find out. In June 2011 there's gonna be new iPhone 5, so based on it's features, we would assume what's gonna be in the new touch :)

24. tubemonkey macrumors 6502

tubemonkey

Just make it the same size as the iPhone. No one thinks of it as a thick device.