iPod touch 5th gen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spontida, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Spontida macrumors regular

Do you think their will be an iPod touch 5gen?:D

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

No I doubt there will be sorry. Apple is dropping the iPod line and will replace it with cheaper, prepaid iPhones.

/sarcasm (I hope)

3. wngster macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

i hope the make 5g ipod theres alotof things that need improve ment like add a drop down or somthing tht lets u change brightness or wifi instantly(this is a feature if ipod is jailbroken but some people dont take the risk

4. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

oh come on,ofcourse and there will be a new ipod touch.They havr many things to improve and features to intergrate.

5. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

It's against forum rules to correct people on minor spelling/grammar mistakes.

7. wngster macrumors member

you said it dude like ALOT of things

8. Skwink macrumors member

9. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

10. illmatic19 macrumors newbie

I think the 5G will be the last iteration before they kill it for a cheaper iPhone.

11. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

i also believe it!Do you think that they will drop the support of the 5g soon ?

12. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

I believe we'll see a 5th gen iPod touch. It will be interesting to see the changes between the 4th and 5th gens.

13. info macrumors member

info

We sure haven't heard much about it. The last rumor that I saw was that it might have 3G capabilities, but I've seen nothing at all about the cameras or anything else. A less expensive iPhone or something similar as a replacement sounds like a real possibility.

The introduction of a slightly larger device might be an intelligent move...

14. super michael, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

super michael macrumors regular

I keep hearing these options what apple will do

1. release the 5th gen ipod touch
    2. replace ipod touch with cheaper iphone for 5th gen

I hope that we get 5th gen ipod touch. But if it doesn't and we get option 2.

I hope that the cheaper iphone has the battery as good as the ipod touch which last a few days without recharging. I heard that the Iphones nowadays don't last long the battery like 1 day or less.

For me battery life is important, I don't like constantly recharging.

Also we don't know how much a cheaper iphone will cost.

15. mattg3 macrumors 6502

With only a few weeks to September and no official word on release of ipod5g can we assume its probably not going to happen?

16. palpatine macrumors 68040

there would not be official word before its release, so that is irrelevant. there is a huge market for the ipod, particularly among those of us who loathe data plans. that would include kids, by the way, who would be more likely to receive an ipod than a cheap iphone (i doubt such a product will appear). although demand for the ipod touch is not what it used to be (for various reasons), i think apple will continue releasing new models.

i think the more important question to ask is whether there is anyone out there who is pushing them to release a new one. without any competitors, they could easily go another year and still dominate the mp3 market. i wouldn't hold your breath.

17. info macrumors member

info

Totally agree with this, very good points. I am also one of those, who like the kids, loathe data plans. :D

18. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

totally agree.i feel the same

19. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I hope there's gonna be a new touch this year... though there hasn't been as many rumors as years past

20. jonrando macrumors 6502a

That's why an announcement of one this year is questionable in my opinion.

21. WLS macrumors 65816

I'm tending lately to think that it is more likely than not that there will be another version of the Touch but I can't see it being so for next year. I'm willing to buy a 32Gig model and have listed elsewhere what I think it will have. When the low cost world (China) version of the iPhone comes out the Touch will loose a lot of market share and get discontinued..
    But don't worry be happy this year!

22. Spontida thread starter macrumors regular

Should I buy a 4th gen? or should I wait because right now I pod 4th generation are cheep at best buy.:apple:

23. Des Zac macrumors regular

Nope they're renaming it the iPad Nano, then the ipod nano will be called the ipad nano nano.

That, I think, would be awesome and funny at the same time.

24. WLS macrumors 65816

So what are you.. 12? They are "cheep" because a new model is around the corner. Any true Fanboy will get the latest model as soon as released. Here's a deal I have a 1st Gen in great shape. I only listened to classical music on it. I am willing to sell it cheep. :rolleyes:

25. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Exactly!Why do you want to buy something that in 1 month will be outdated.Just be patient!!