iPod Touch "Buy Now"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Philalbe, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Philalbe, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

Philalbe macrumors 6502

Strange...the Online Apple Store is now giving the option to "Buy Now" instead of "Pre-Order" regarding the new iPod Touch (as to be expected as this is now October), but still no ship date.

2. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

3. shoes222 macrumors member

I think Apple will slowly start shipping out preorders soon, before they update the shipping estimate for new orders.

4. trundley macrumors newbie

Still showing pre-order in the UK store. My order summary says "processing order" still as well.

5. Philalbe thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine still says "processing order" too, but in the U.S. online store the option has gone from "pre-order" to "Buy Now".

6. anshuvorty macrumors 6502

anshuvorty

and the plot thickens........nice catch guys!! my pre-order still says "in processing" though...hmmm.....

7. MicroByte macrumors 6502

The only fly in the ointment for me getting thoroughly excited is the point someone brought up about iTunes not being able to support the new iPod Touch until an update which is scheduled to roll out until the 19th(?) of this month.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if it were released today and could live without iTunes support since I live off of the cloud now.

Also, anyone else love this period right before the launch of anything? I think the anticipation of something forthcoming is exciting. Maybe I'm just sick... :p

8. dthree36 macrumors regular

Mine says still processing as well... didn't even stop to think about iTunes. Hmm... Would apple hold of shipping these bad boys until iTunes is released. I am buying these for my kids and was more anxious to get them but if the shipment is delayed until the Middle of October, these may just turn into Christmas Gifts.

9. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    If iTunes can support the iPhone 5, why not the iPod Touch 5?

10. stiligFox macrumors 65816

stiligFox

If they released the iPod touch now they should only have to push out a 10.7.x update to enable the iPod to sync.

11. anshuvorty macrumors 6502

anshuvorty

i just noticed this earlier today from the letter that Tim Cook wrote to his fellow employees, take a look at the highlighted part...pretty clear from that that the iPod Touch won't ship for another week or so....

Attached Files:

12. Rad-o macrumors member

End of this week or next week , maybe :D

13. jimmirehman macrumors 6502

wait a minute... something that was going to be released in October that was a pre-order can now be purchased in October!?!?!? Holy #%& Thats AMAZING!

14. Jsameds macrumors 68030

Thing is, October is 31 days long - kind of a large delivery window.

15. Philalbe thread starter macrumors 6502

Judging by your sarcasm, you missed the part of my post where I said "as to be expected" ;)

16. trundley macrumors newbie

iTunes store in the UK is "buy now" instead of "pre-order" but my order summary still says "processing items" and still says "dispatch: October". No date.

17. Jsameds macrumors 68030

Same here. I pre ordered on 14th Sept.

18. windowpain macrumors 6502a

Before I saw this thread, I saw that the Japanese store also lists it as 'buy now' ..I got all prematurely excited ;) only to find it is still shipping (sometime) in October. :(

Wish they would hurry up and release the thing.. I want my new toy now!!

19. LinusR macrumors regular

LinusR

Why should Apple change the buttons' titles to "Buy now", though the product isn't available yet? I don't get that.

20. anshuvorty macrumors 6502

anshuvorty

i don't get this either

21. rorpor macrumors newbie

Release Date

As to when it comes out I think the 12th because all other posts have been 1st or 2nd week and also they released the iPhone 5 on that date to?

22. Derwinator macrumors member

Derwinator

23. LinusR macrumors regular

LinusR

Yes, and the last iPod touch (4th generation, white-Edition) has been released on 12th October in 2011. This might be a hint.

24. jimmirehman macrumors 6502

Yeah i was just messing around. I have my ipod Touch pre-ordered through Amazon and will be placing an order for 2 iPod Nanos, hopefully this week.

25. rorpor macrumors newbie

Yes but I am not sure lets just hope so because I can't wait much longer.