Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobde2e

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Help !

I got the same problem ! I had iTunes 7.7 and it didn't recognise my itouch at all. Now i have got iTunes 7.5 and it recognises it. I then get the message that i need to recover it in order to use it with iTunes. I press "ok" and then it has a button with "recover" on iTunes. But when i press it i get the errormessage that there is no software available for the iTouch and check the if u have the most current version of iTunes. So the program wants me to update to iTunes 7.7 ?? Im confused PLEASE HELP !!:confused:

xx

bobde2e

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Worked

Hey Guys,

It finnaly worked ! I used Ziphone and i love it ! The problem with me was that i had to hold 'shift' when i pressed the recovery button in iTunes 7.5 !!

Love you all :apple:

matt27

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
-------------------------------------------------------

I had this problem - the only way to fix it is use Itunes 7.5, and put the iphone/ipod touch in dfu mode. Simply hold the home button and then the power button while connected, then after 10 secs release power button, keep holding home, and itunes should pop up reconising it in recovery mode. Alternatively you can use Ziphone to put it in DFU mode.

Thanks a lot! But i had already sent my iPod to apple afew days ago and now its on its way back. Thanks so much for your help anyways, I really appreciate it!

Brahim

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
Ah, but there was no way of getting the itunes logo up. With WinPwn, it removed the firmware, which contains these screens and all the information needed to put it into restore mode. Which is why you have to go into DFU to use hardware restore mode.

I have the same problem of you GeckoSlayer, I used winpwn to Pwned my Itouch 1.4.
And now I have a black screen, impossible to enter in DFU mode when i press power + home they passed nothing.

Please help me.

Sorry for my english

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.