iPod touch is a tablet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yodaxl7, Nov 27, 2010.

1. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

It is a tablet, but tiny! It is more likely the competitor with the Galaxy Tab! iPod touch has dual camera! iPod touch has more content that can be accessible than the Tab. It is smaller than the Tab. It is more portable than the Tab. It takes better picture than the Tab. It has longer battery than the TAB. Tab is awful!!

2. spillproof, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010

spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

What would you say about the Tab if it ran OSX?

3. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

nah..

i would rather have a galaxy tab than an ipod touch.....but i'd rather have an iPad than a galaxy tab...:cool:

4. androiphone macrumors 65816

isn't it more accurate to just say the ipad is a big 3rd gen ipod touch

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Yes it is a tiny tablet ... with some kick*** sound. :cool:

6. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

You're kinda right, interesting thinking...
    I love the Galaxy Tab since it's a somewhat real competitor to the iPad, but my problem with it is that it's too small for a tablet and to big for a Pocket Device, I also like it for being a bit bigger than a big phone but I'm a guy and I really think that device is more useful for women that use purses everywhere they go because a 7" Bag is too small to be worth carrying

I'd rather buy an iPod Touch than a GTab because it's way cheaper and more useful, The Galaxy would've been sweet if it was 250-300$, not 600$ without a 30$ a monthly fee

Complicated stuff... I'll get an iPad anyways :rolleyes:

7. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Now have you actually used the Galaxy Tab, or are you just bashing it to make you feel better that you have an iPod touch? How do you know the pathetic low quality rear camera on the touch is better than the Galaxy Tab?

8. goosnarrggh, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

I've believed all along that the iPod touch was way more than "just an MP3 player, which also happens to have these other features...".

It is, and in reality, has always been, a touch-driven mobile computing device in an extremely compact form-factor, which also happens to have an digital media-playing App that is very well suited to the form factor. Glad to see some others agree with me.

Back in the early days when the iPod touch was first released, the technological category that most closely resembled the iPod touch was "PDA", not "MP3 player". In my opinion, that really is still true, and has become more true through the evolution of its OS and SDK. But the term "PDA" carries so much negative baggage, that perhaps it is appropriate to redesignate the category as "compact tablet".

9. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Obvious Apple troll is obvious. And awful.

I, too, can make odd arguments!

Tab has a better cameras, both front and back! Tab has a camera flash! Tab has 3G! Tab has GPS! Tab has a bigger screen! Tab has a higher resolution screen! Tab's viewing angles are better (IPS)! Tab has full Flash support! Tab has more RAM! Tab has a faster processor! Tab runs Android! Tab is more customizable! Tab is better! Touch is awful!!!!!

Suck on that, Apple fanboi.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I wouldn't say its a tablet, but its one of those must have devices I need. I can do so many things on it ... just, pure bliss :)

11. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Let's not start this much-debated issue all over again.. :rolleyes:

12. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

exactly! greedo WAS fast. its just that han was faster.