iPod Touch keeps cancelling itself out??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SPNarwhal, Nov 29, 2009.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

when I'm listening to music in my car through my iPod Touch, it keeps going back to the home screen. This happens at least once every time I'm driving, and a lot of the time it's when I'm switching through songs.
    The song just stops playing and it goes back to the home screen, then I have to go through all my music again, and get to the band, blah blah blah. It's annoying, especially when driving.
    I'm still under warranty, has anyone else experienced this? What is the problem?
    And what fix will Apple be able to make on it?

2. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

What are you using to "connect" the IPT to your car radio??

3. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

it's a stand that plugs into my cigarette lighter thing and holds the iPT up and plugs into the bottom of it.
    It charges it also, and then sends the signal through my car to my radio.

I'm assuming the only important information here is that is plugs through the bottom?

not the headphone jack.

Why?

Is it because it's charging at the same time?

Either way, I don't think it should do this.

4. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

I'd be willing to bet that the fault is the adapter thingy that you are using. Try your IPT in a different dock of some sort and see if it acts up or not. My money is on something flaky with your adapter...not the IPT.

5. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

so, i tested it without it being connected to the adapter and it does the same thing. and it gets worse every day, now I can only listen to about 2 songs maybe before it goes back to home.
    I'll take it into Apple and see what they have to say about it.

Question, though.
    I have the 1 year warranty through apple still, but I bought this at a Target and bought 4 extra years of warranty through Target.
    If Apple ends up replacing this, how would my Target Warranty be transfered?

6. MasterDev macrumors 65816

You need to contact Target. Although, most likely Target will say it's not the same phone, and would want you to get it replaced via them.

Buying that Target warranty was a bad idea.

7. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

it's not a phone, it's an ipod touch.
    and why was it a bad idea?
    if i bring it back, with the warranty and receipt and everything, they need to honor it. they can't claim it's not the same ipod if it is.
    the only thing i'm thinking is that target either

1.) is not as fast as apple.
    2.) won't be as efficient.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If apple does replace it and then you have a problem with that one out of the apple warranty and then go into target with the receipt I dont think they will take it because the serial number on the receipt is different than on the unit.

I've always just purchased warranties through the manufacture on everything I buy. It may be more expensive but it will probably save you a lot of hassle

9. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

yeah, I would have gotten through Apple and taken out AppleCare on it but I got it as a gift.
    if they offer to replace it, I'll tell them about the Target situation.
    Maybe they'll be able to help me out.