ipod touch makes me cry and want an iphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Acorn, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

The ipod touch is such a cool device. your constantly going oh cool I can do this and this and websurfing is great and email isnt bad and on and on. you start playing with radio applications and all sorts off stuff. then it hits you. if it was an iphone i would have all my app and toys everywhere. they could connect through your data plan anywhere.. not just in wifi locations. then you say, be kinda cool if it had a camera. uh oh. did you make a mistake...

i want an iphone cry...

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Join the club.
    Now you know how I feel.
    Trust me, a camera isn't far away. Maybe it will be added in fall of '09.

3. SmartIndianKid macrumors regular

SmartIndianKid

Some niceness would be a bluetooth chip in the iPod touch. For some A2DP and being able to tether with another phone :)

4. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

wow i never even thought of tethering. that would be sweet. connect it to my blackberry storm :)

maybe in the 3rd gen ipod touch :)

5. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

I got a Touch recently and still have no regrets. Buying a data plan simply doesn't make sense to me. I don't care if I can't surf in my car etc.The two places where I spend 99% of my time (home and work) have WiFi and desktop computers, so I'm good to go.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i very much doubt it lol

7. svndmvn Guest

unless the iPhone gets an 8MPx Carl Zeiss or similar, capable of shooting video in the dark with no flash, then the iPt could get the 2MPx,still no video. I doubt this would happen.

8. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Love the iTouch

I am really satisfied with my iTouch. I am bundled with my phone company and they do not support the iPhone. That would be very expen$ive for me to sign up for with another phone company. Since I have a good cell phone with a good camera, I was just needing the way to connect to wi-fi and I was in business.

My phone company would have been delighted to help me out with a nice Blackberry and/or all the other stuff you can do and it was Very Expensive (the bundle doesn't help you here, friend). Wanna tether? $10/month. Do you want just wi-fi or do you want regular connections plus wi-fi? Ka-ching! iTouch works great with the wi-fi I can pick up around town. This is just what I want and what makes sense for my plan.

So, yes I have to carry around a phone and an iTouch BUT, it is still less expensive and I heard that the iPhone is great except for the phone part. So, iTouch was just what I wanted.;)

So, don't feel bad. Sure it's cool to have everything all-in-one but...you can lose it all at once, too, or take it with you to the poor house.

9. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

No thanks. I'll stick to my Verizon carrier w. Samsung phone and have the touch too. No matter what anyone says, ATT sucks.

10. vw195 macrumors 6502

I have access to my ipod Touch everywhere. Using my WM phone as a wifi router I can use my touch through Sprint anywhere I go and unlike AT&T around here, I can have a 3G touch everywhere. It does eat at the batteries on my WM device though.

11. KyPosey macrumors regular

KyPosey

I am so close to getting the touch...

I drop more calls than a hooker drops her underoos in vegas.

ATT: Less bars more places.

12. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

vw195: how are you tethering your phone to the iPod Touch? I am on AT&T and want to do this. Is it easy?

13. chrisbb macrumors member

I'd love an i-phone, but I can't justify the $100+ CDN bill a month. On top of that I dont know if I use a phone enough to maximize the i-phone. I have a 1st gen. i-pod touch, but I'd love to have my phone with it at the same time too :)

Also, it doesn't help being a student and having a part time job :)

14. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Sigh...

Just like almost any other smartphone.

15. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

It makes you want to cry because you can't do what you knew you couldnt do to begin with? WTF? That's like buying a car and then crying that it can't fly like an airplane. You knew it couldn't fly when you bought it so why be upset now? If you want to go wireless then buy an iPhone and be prepared to pay the fees, it's as simple as that. Personally I don't find myself needing Internet on the go, at least not often.

16. njay macrumors newbie

If it weren't for the fact that the company I work for supplies a mobile phone and we can electronically tick which calls are personal (3p a minute) then I'd probably have got an iphone. Not sure which countries its available in but in the UK their is the option for pay as you go so no contract.

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/paygo

Not cheap though at £342 for 8Gb and just under £400 for the 16Gb version plus we still have to top up a minimum of £10 p/m. Still that's cheaper than the £35 a month contract option though.

So I went for the ipod touch 16Gb on Apple Black friday as got double discount on it so cost £184. I don't miss the gps or camera as like other's have said I prefer a better quality lens for piccy taking and not likely to get one in a iphone with such minimal depth of them :(

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

which is alot more than what most people are used to paying for by having non-smart phones before:cool:

18. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

It already has a bluetooth chip, it's just not activated.
    Maybe it's for the Nike app thing.

19. ThugZilla macrumors regular

I feel exactly the same way. I absolutely love my iPod touch, but it has really made me want to get an iPhone, mainly for the fact that you can get internet anywhere.

20. WPeterson macrumors member

WPeterson

AT&T contract really sucks, and actually wi-fi become more and more reachable in most cities.

i bought one unlocked iphone in hong kong and works well w/ my sim card :D:D:D yeah~~~

21. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I'm going to buy an unlocked iPhone from someone for around $150 (he doesn't know he can sell it for more) and I'll probably use it as an iPod touch with a camera.

22. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That's what I thought until I got one. I'm sitting in my car talking to my wife about something and thought, I'll look it up when I get home ... oh wait, I can look it up now! Trust me, it's freaking great. In fact, if I had a choice between a Mac or iPhone. I'd take the iPhone because of it's versatility and mobility. I use it more than my Mac as it is now.

All cell companies in the US suck, period. That's beside the point. Cell coverage for each carrier varies greatly on location. Luckily where I live I get great coverage with at&t.

23. semin28 macrumors regular

I feel the same way. I have a g1 but I'm having so many problems that I'm about to jump off the android wagon. Also I love browsing safari and well I hate browsing on andriod. I just wish the AT&T plans wernt so high . That's the only thing holding me back. I'm always on my touch and all my bookmarks r in order and everything is so simple to use. When I first got my g1 I would boast about it being better then the iPhone but I was just being foolish.

24. vw195 macrumors 6502

It depends what kind of phone you have. You need a windows mobile or symbian I think. I use a WM phone with a program called WMWIFIRouter (freewre). It basically uses my 3g network and outputs it to the wifi part of the phone.