Ipod touch predictions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sportfan6197, Sep 2, 2008.

1. sportfan6197 macrumors newbie

now since the event is confirmed what do you think will happen to the touch?

my predictions
    1) gps
    2) 64 gb
    3)aluminum back

2. NothingShocking macrumors newbie

3. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Price reductions, dropping the 8GB model, maybe a small case redesign. I can't see them doing anything radical with the iPod Touch quite yet.

But then again, Apple has a habit of going above and beyond what I'd ever expected.

4. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

I could see them adding a 64GB model, but it would be really expensive. At least $500, probably $600.

I think the most likely things will be lower prices, better batteries, and maybe a very low quality front facing camera (1.3Mp or lower).

5. orpheusmyth macrumors member

I think that anyone who post this again, should be shot. Don't you see those posts about the same? Where are the forum moderators.

6. sportfan6197 thread starter macrumors newbie

where are the other threads?

7. stoich macrumors member

let him start a thread about whatever he wants. Who cares if there I'd already a thread about it!

Anyway I'd have to say gps, possibly more memory. We'll see

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i agree

OP search for goodness' sake.....there are a million threads on this

9. NothingShocking macrumors newbie

it takes 2 seconds to look 5 threads down and find one

10. WordLife565 macrumors regular

i'm almost certain there will be a price drop of

199 for the 8GB

299 for the 16 GB

It really feels like something that they would definitely do, which is why I'm waiting till the holiday season to pick up an iPod touch, and plus, I wanted to buy a classic first, so I could have an iPod with alot of memory, then use a smaller one for everyday occasions.

heh, and by the way this is my first post, hello mac forums.

11. firteen888 macrumors regular

The only way I will upgrade is if there's a built in speaker. I'm tired of using my damn headphones just to listen to a youtube clip or play a game.

12. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Best. Speaker. Ever. (for a portable one with no battery)

13. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

I'm simple, just give me some built in speakers and I'll be happy. Now, I need to get me some headache medicine, seeing GPS...agh...just drives me crazy on ipod.

14. BJWanlund macrumors regular

15. reubs macrumors 68000

I predict that after September 9 we won't have any more of these threads.

16. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I predict that on sept. 10 there will be new threads for what to expect in the NEXT Touch.

The home page hints that there may be more under the hood of the new Touch than anyone has a good clue for. GPS function calls are already in the SDK (for the iPhone). Bluetooth is also there but only for mono headset pairing. The new model might include the additional Bluetooth protocals for stereo headphones, remote control, and possibly file transfer. The Touch already has Wifi, but the new one might get wifi syncing, or some other more profound wifi application. The iPhone has a camera, and camera functions are already in the SDK, so I doubt that will be the surprise new iTouch feature. Maybe there is some brand new amazing technology that no one has even guessed about waiting to be revealed in the new Touch.

No matter. I'm simply going to look on with low expectation as Steve tells us about the new Touch. If there is anything great in it I'll be as excited as the rest of you. If it's a trivial improvement then I won't be disappointed.

17. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Nope, there will, there will be a few hundred of people asking what others think will be on the NEXT iPod touch, and people still insisting that the iPod should have GPS after Apple doesn't add it Tuesday.

18. iMacmatician macrumors 601

And people claiming that the iPhone will be cannibalized by the iPod touch if the iPod touch does end up having GPS.

19. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I predict the touch will have 20 more of these threads before Tuesday.

20. heyisa macrumors member

heyisa

I'll bite, my predictions

!. GPS
    2. GPS NAVIGATION SERVICE(apple partnered with some established gps company) for iphone, as well as downloadable map content for ipod touch users.
    3. New apple headphones with buttons to control skip & play/pause
    3b. Or more tactile buttons on ipod touch itself to accomplish same.
    4. Microphone & speakers - so more apps are useful on ipod touch.

21. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

1.GPS
    2. Bluetooth hardware enabled and added but only for wireless headphone use and to stream music from a Mac or PC only.
    3.Apple earphones with in-ear design
    4.$629 for 32GB in Australia-toonmuch, a price cut here is needed.

22. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

23. Global2 macrumors newbie

That Dixmaxx speaker

Pismodude2 (or anyone else who knows): That Dixmaxx speaker, the picture of which you posted, is advertised for the Ipod nano. I take it that it also works with the Touch? Thanks for the info.
    Global2

24. Touchy macrumors regular

I predict that I will have been happy I returned my iPT last week as it wouldn't play "protected AAC " songs bought from iTunes and synched from iTunes playlists to the iPT.
    Further, I predict I will not buy any new iPT that is still not capable of playing "protected AAC" songs bought from Apple iTunes.
    Wouldn't it have been thoughtful of Apple to include that courtesy to those who have paid money for their songs.