Ipod Touch Price Drop!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, Mar 2, 2008.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

i heard this tuesday is the price drop when they announce the sdk plans...

2. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

3. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

yeah if that were to happen people would be rioting in the streets :p

most likely there wont be a drop until next fall at the earliest.

4. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

steve jobs is notorious on pulling price drops like that though. don't understand why people get so uptight...when you look back at apples marketing for the past several years...

5. WhiteNoiseMaker macrumors regular

WhiteNoiseMaker

I just bought the 32GB model at the airport for £280 which is a nice £49 saving. I'm busy doing the 1st sync, 23GB is taking forever!!

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

1. Steve Jobs doesn't make price drops. Nor does he design products or anything that people give him credit for. He's just the boss that makes speeches about what the company as a whole is doing.
    2. Apple is not notorious for price drops like that. In fact, they're quite rare.

7. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

I would say that it isn't likely, however, I could definitely see them dropping the price by $50.:apple:

8. Viremia macrumors regular

Apparently, the memories of these people spreading these rumors are rather short. I would expect those at Apple are longer.

9. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I totally agree with you. I am tired of these price drop dream merchants. If its too expensive there are a lot of cheaper alternatives out there. You want a price drop on an item less than six months old, you want new models every month, you want next generation in less than a year. PLs ****

10. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

uh, huh. like thats going to happen. the prices will stick, unless something better on the touch comes out, like the jan. update.

11. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

It's been out for a while, a $50 is possible. The $499 model's a little high by today's standards for a portable player/PDA...

12. Lord Sam macrumors regular

Lord Sam

Well i'm ready, bring it on and maybe I'll upgrade. My 8GB is really being worn thin, and with UK movies on the horison... Well, that's IF they do drop the price. Where have you heard?

13. aosman macrumors 6502

Considering they did drop the shuffle price substantially, 50$ on a Touch is plausible, I think.

14. aethelbert macrumors 601

That's a completely different product that has virtually nothing in common with the iPod touch. There's not gonna be a price drop people. Maybe capacity upgrades in September, but stop posting your dreams every day.

15. MacMan33 macrumors regular

MacMan33

would not surprise me one bit. Every 3-6months prices drop, its how electronics work people... same game for along time now...get curret.:cool::apple:;)

16. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

And you need to do some research on apple. The price on the touch WILL not be going down anytime soon.

whens the last time you saw an an apple product on sale that was selling well?
    no body wants to buy a little shuffle, so they dropped the price to get rid of more. they dropped the touch price TEMPORARILY for the JAN update.

They are not going down.

17. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

People are confusing the iphone price drop with other apple products. Its harder to sell an iPhone ( after the initial hoopla had does down) than iPods. To convince someone to buy the iPhone you also have to convince them to take on the AT&T contract for 2 years.

18. aethelbert macrumors 601

With that reasoning, the touch would be free... They update them, not drop the price. And those are typically gonna be every year not every 3-6 months (or every week, as some on this board desire...).

19. Viremia macrumors regular

have you ever heard of this obscure phone made by Apple? I believe it's called the iPhone. I seem to remember a price cut on that...and the ensuing fiasco that resulted.

Lowering the price now (especially on the 32GB version) would be asking for a replay.

I would hope Apple wasn't THAT stupid and short-sighted.

20. cujoca macrumors regular

32GB iPod Touch is now on sale in Canada at Best Buy...thinking about picking one up now. It's 479.99, which is better than full price! And if the price goes down within the month Best Buy will match that price...

21. cujoca macrumors regular

apparently the 32GB is now $458.99 at Costco in Canada...WHAT A STEAL!!!

22. Pippen Man macrumors regular

Hey guys! Some super secret guy down from Apple called me up out of randomness and told me tomorrow that Apple's coming out with a iPod touch...with a phone inside! Whoah!

But seriously, just quit posting these threads. "Tomorrow...iPod touch Update!" "iPod touch Price Drop!" Come on, I think Bill Gates is more reliable then some of these people.:rolleyes::apple:

23. aethelbert macrumors 601

Bill Gates never said that Vista was stable and great... he can be reliable too. Just because he works for Satan in Redmond doesn't mean that he's not reliable. But seriously, I agree. These posts must stop. Reading the iPod touch forum gives me a headache, so I usually try to stay away.

24. SuperDaddy macrumors member

If Apple discontinued the 8g, and priced the 16g at $299 and the 32g at $399, would that be considered a price drop? Or just a re-alignment of its products?

25. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

What a stupid question.