iPod touch iPod Touch UK release

Simbazz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Lancashire, England
It's like the iP5 release but longer!

I've order the Product Red iPod Touch maybe a week after they first went on preorder and I'm still stuck as processing orders!

I've also ordered an iPod nano, also Product Red, which is now preparing to ship as I received an email to say it was shipping earlier than expected. This Nano isn't for me, I'm not greedy. :p

Anyone else in the same predicament? I'm and want it now!!

Nickncs

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
It's like the iP5 release but longer!

I've order the Product Red iPod Touch maybe a week after they first went on preorder and I'm still stuck as processing orders!

I've also ordered an iPod nano, also Product Red, which is now preparing to ship as I received an email to say it was shipping earlier than expected. This Nano isn't for me, I'm not greedy. :p

Anyone else in the same predicament? I'm and want it now!!
I order in September still says processing

Comment

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
I pre-ordered White, no engraving on 14th Sept and mine says

Processing Items
Dispatched: October 12th
Delivers: 15 Oct, 2012

Comment

trundley

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
I pre-ordered White, no engraving on 14th Sept and mine says

Processing Items
Dispatched: October 12th
Delivers: 15 Oct, 2012
Hmmm, i ordered mine on september 26th in the black and slate with no engraving and mine just says "processing, dispatched: October"

Play.co.uk shows the release date as october 15th too

Comment

olly-h

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2007
Maidstone, Kent
HMV in Maidstone told me they're coming in on October 20th (saw their stock screens with Loops too), if that's any use to anyone.

Comment

olly-h

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2007
Maidstone, Kent
thanks for the heads up !
No worries. Previous experience with HMV would indicate that they'll have them after the official stores. The 'Premium Reseller' in town quoted "a few weeks" (typical response from them), but if others are 'prepped to ship', I'd say any time next week would be a safe bet.

Comment

Nickncs

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
update mines changed to:

blue engraved 64gb, ordered 21st sep

Processing Items Dispatched: 5 - 7 business days Delivers 19 Oct, 2012 - 23 Oct, 2012

Comment

chris0101

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2012
Just rang MK store and they are in stock!!!
VERY VERY LIMITED stock the guy said so ... im guessing 1-2 in each colour maybe!

i asked about the blue and he said yes but limited, so yea if your in that area, hurry!

i got mine in blue :)

Comment

richy d

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2011
Theres very limited stock in Watford Harlequin Center Apple Store. Picked up the last black one today :)

Comment

olly-h

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2007
Maidstone, Kent
Another bit of info for people looking at HMV, they're starting a promotion to trade in an old (functioning, non cracked) iPod against the new models. Not sure on the amount you'd get, or the models they accept, but it may sway some people.

Comment

Nadejde

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
any news about london stores? I will be in london on the 22nd and wanted to get the new ipod touch. Do i have a chance of getting one? Should i go in the middle of the night and camp in front of a store?
Thx.

Comment

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Just rang MK store and they are in stock!!!
VERY VERY LIMITED stock the guy said so ... im guessing 1-2 in each colour maybe!

i asked about the blue and he said yes but limited, so yea if your in that area, hurry!

i got mine in blue :)
I don't think they've had any more since then. Spoke to a very helpful chap who tells me they have pink and yellow only left in 64gb. I thought the colour wouldn't bother me too much but the yellow on the website looks like it's ill!
He's also a bit vague as to whether they'd honour my employers discount which brings it down to £309. I might mooch by there later on before they shut.

I've given my 4th gen to my son for his birthday and i am missing it big time. Been trying to reserve an iphone5 but i'm leaning back towards a touch again now and keeping the costs down.

Comment

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Well picked up my new one from MK tonight - it's pink, but heck I'm a girl lol..

The yellow one looks worse to my eyes in person, it's more of a greeny yellow, "lime" the apple guy said, "bogey" said I...

Got the online discount honoured, they had lightning to micro USB adaptors in stock so picked one of those up too (I expect to lose this though, it is seriously tiny) - and got that with the discount too, so that was a small bonus!

What's annoying is I updated my routers firmware and now it won't let me put in more than 20 MAC addresses, so I'm going to take the opportunity tomorrow morning of having a purge, combined with a wireless password change.. Will keep me occupied for a bit..

Will try and get some photos tomorrow, not of the ipod but using it's camera. I've found a few on flickr but early days there.

Had a quick go running Sky Gamblers air supremacy - looks smooth and of course the screen is a welcome relief after the 4g one. Can't report on much more yet but this thing is light...

Comment

dchao

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
any news about london stores? I will be in london on the 22nd and wanted to get the new ipod touch. Do i have a chance of getting one? Should i go in the middle of the night and camp in front of a store?
Thx.
You might have to :D

Tried the Regent St store today, and they have none left.

Comment

Nadejde

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
You might have to :D

Tried the Regent St store today, and they have none left.
Thanx for the info. I dont mind camping :D it would have been stupid though if they didnt even have the things. Thanx for the info. Cant wait to get there

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.