Ipod Touch was water damaged, later turned on and it shut off, please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zisulizations, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Zisulizations macrumors newbie

Okay, so I dropped my ipod touch in the toilet about 3 days ago. It was only submerged for about 1 second or so. I then proceeded to put it in a container full of rice and i left it like that for a day and moved the container next to a heater. After the 3rd day of letting the ipod dry out i attempted to turn it on, didn't work so i went to charge it on my laptop. IT WORKED PERFECTLY FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES, then when i safely ejected the ipod it turned into a black screen.

Then I just put the ipod back into the rice next to a heater. Did I try to charge it too early and does this mean i fried the circuit or is the ipod just done for!?

Thanks if you can help!

2. dtblaze macrumors regular

3. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

When it was connected to your computer it will have been using the USB power

It is possible that you have fried the circuits, or you could have damaged the battery. If it is only the battery and the connectors that are damaged, then it should work when connected to your computer still.

However, I recommend leaving it for a few days in the bag of rice above the heather still. once it has stood for a week, try connecting it to your computer again

4. Zisulizations thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope it wasn't jailbroken.

And thanks applemike, I'll try what you recommended, hopefully it works!

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife