Ipod touch4g 8gb or 3g 32gb pl help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OmiKnight52, Apr 7, 2011.

1. OmiKnight52 macrumors member

OmiKnight52

I'm stuck choosing between the two models 4g 8gb or 3g 32gb. I did some research and theres not much diff in speed and the gpu is the same sgx. I want more space for my 6gb music and 1gb videos, but I also want to play the newest games as I'm an avid gamer and have many games so guys which one should I buy,? both are the same price.

2. sorepheet macrumors member

sorepheet

Get the 4G. It is "future proof" as in it will still receive Apple love long after the 3G

3. OmiKnight52 thread starter macrumors member

OmiKnight52

I know its future proof but it only has 8gb

4. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

What price point are you at?

I've got a 32gig 4g Touch I'm looking to get rid of. It's in like new condition.

Just got a Verizon iphone. Don't need both.

5. OmiKnight52 thread starter macrumors member

OmiKnight52

do you have ebay? don't want thread closed

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Or you could deal through the MarketPlace (or PM)

7. EugenexYew macrumors regular

EugenexYew

Definitely 32gb if you don't intend to future proof.
    Please take note that, if you get an 8gb, 1gb is used up by the firmware.
    And that means your 6gb music and 1gb videos take up the 7gb left.
    No space for games.
    Hope this helps :)

8. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

9. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

Camera is most Important thing

While I agree the 32 gb would probably be a better choice given you desire to tote around your music and movies, I couldn't imagine going back to a 3G after having a 4g now, solely due to the camera. Pictures suck with it but, I can instantly take and post videos on Facebook and YouTube and there are many cool camera oriented apps that I use all the time (Skype, redlaser, etc.) this is definitely a tough call. If possible I highly recommend you splurge for the 4g 32gb.

10. aniketroxx macrumors member

aniketroxx

Go for ipod touch 4g because after some time ios6 will not support the ipod touch 3g lol :confused:

11. alligator34 macrumors newbie

Depending on your usage, 8 gigs should be fine.

I settled on 8g 4th gen because 32 felt like overkill and with Home Sharing built-in, I can keep my favorites on the iPod and stream everything else over my home network.

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

For me, the retina display closes the case. I'd suggest the 4G.

13. OmiKnight52 thread starter macrumors member

OmiKnight52

Thanks guys I bought Ipod touch 4g 8gb version :D:apple:

14. iRacer macrumors member

How do you find the 8gb? Is it enough space?
    I have a similar dilemma. I probably won't be storing much music on it. Will be using more as a mini pda/ipad for apps and games.

15. OmiKnight52 thread starter macrumors member

OmiKnight52

I've come to the conclusion that I wont be listening to all my 6gb music anyway; the most I'll listen to would be be at least 300 songs so it dosent make sense putting all songs on there. Last time I put videos I only watched 3 out 30 so same with vids. for games, Ill just play past and remove games to save space. I haven't received ipod yet but I'll let you know in couple days :cool:.

I wanted to wait for Ipod touch 5 but thats months away and I cant live without my music.

16. L I G H T I N G macrumors regular

I am also deciding between 8 and 32 GB when iTouch 5g comes out...looking forward to your opinion about the capacity.

Still holding out hope that iTouch5g will come in 16GB,32,64 :D

17. OmiKnight52 thread starter macrumors member

OmiKnight52

I received it today and been playing around with it and I have to say its fast notably surfing the internet, loading and playing games. The retina screen is beautiful video recording and Mic is actually good ; the only drawbacks are the camera's picture quality is poor and for me I prefer the volume buttons the way they were on previous generations, easier to press; other then that great device :)

18. patp Guest

I purchased the 4g 8GB version first but ran out of room fast. Paid the difference and got the 32GB version and it's been perfect for me. I have ALL my music, movies, a few episodes of my face tv shows and a **** ton of games.

In my mind, it's such a small difference in price for a lot more storage.

19. iRacer macrumors member

OmiKnight52 - how do you find having 8gb? Is it enough or not enough?

20. OmiKnight52, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

OmiKnight52 thread starter macrumors member

OmiKnight52

I find its not enough for games and music :mad:, so I recommend go with 32gb or higher; I wish apple kept the 16gb model for ppl who want more then 8gb but not to much space as it wont all be used up.

21. mayanka89 macrumors regular

mayanka89

I wanted to spend about $275, so I ended up getting the 64gb 3rd gen instead of the 32gb 4th gen. I rationalized it by

1) I have an Android EVO with far better front/rear cameras than the Touch
    2) I have ~50gb of music that I would like to keep with me
    3) Both the 3rd gen and 4th gen have 256mb of RAM, so theoretically the 3rd gen should be supported longer than the 2nd gen was
    4) The high res screen would have been nice, but it was not worth taking the hit in storage, or spending an extra $80 for the 64gb 4th gen.

22. OmiKnight52 thread starter macrumors member

OmiKnight52

I looked at the similarities and differences between 3rd and 4th gen ipod touch's, and went with the 4th gen, even though I lost out on space it's still future proof. But internally its the same 256mb ram and sgx535 gpu, besides the added camera and speakers the cpu is clocked 200mhz faster and is a new soc chip plus the retina display.