iPod touches arrived to Scandinavia yet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by G4-power, Oct 8, 2007.

1. G4-power macrumors 6502

G4-power

Has anyone in Scandinavia got their iPod touch yet? Or Finland in particular? I ordered mine ages ago, something like the day after they were announced, but still waiting. Just curious if anyone has got their's yet, so I'll know for how long actually I'll have to wait.

2. Mosh macrumors newbie

Yes, I got my iPod Touch to Helsinki last week on Wednesday. I ordered it on the 8th of September. Here's the delivery status from the TNT site if you wish to estimate when your's will arrive =)

Päivämäärä Aika Sijainti Lähetyksen tila
    03 loka 2007 13:24 Helsinki Delivered
    03 loka 2007 10:31 Helsinki Out For Delivery
    03 loka 2007 10:08 Helsinki Import Received
    02 loka 2007 21:05 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
    30 syys 2007 16:26 Suzhou Shipped From Originating Depot
    29 syys 2007 08:26 Suzhou Consignment Received At Transit Point
    29 syys 2007 08:24 Suzhou Consignment Picked Up

3. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Stockmanns told me last week that they should receive some this week. But don't hold your breath...

4. jhjerlin macrumors newbie

I got mine last Friday, in fact I'm posting on it right now! :)
    I ordered mine at noon, the day after it was anounced.

It's very impressive. Hope you get yours soon!
    good luck!

5. mssm macrumors newbie

Oh! great to hear that guys. I am also waiting for mine in Finland. Mosh, how do you go to the TNT site? If I click on the "track this shipment" link, it says that it iis shipped on 9th(today) and will arrive approximately on 19th of this month.

Have fun and keep us posted about your experience.

6. tissot macrumors newbie

Indeed they have been saying the same for me some time :) And i dont get why would they be getting it before Verkkokappa.com, Apple stores and others thought they might be pushing it because of the hullutpäivät...who knows.

I was expecting to get this device from friend who gave a visit in states, but he had no luck there so i'm a bit late with ordering.

Not yet shipped
    Estimated Shipping: 16 Oct, 2007 - 19 Oct, 2007
    Estimated Delivery: 19 Oct, 2007 - 25 Oct, 2007

odered 3 Oct..or was it 4th.

GL all with your orders.

7. jhjerlin macrumors newbie

Nice that yours shiped! :)

In order to track your shipment on tnt; go to http://www.tnt.com/webtracker/track...Lang=en&respCountry=GENERIC&genericSiteIdent=
    and input either the "Our Delivery Reference Number" or the "Carrier Tracking Number" taken from the "track this shipment"-page on apple! (left hand side, center)

Mine took about a week to get to Turku.

8. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

scadinavian countries have luck, in Belgium they still haven't arrived yet, the apple premium reseller told me in the beginning that they would arrive in a week, then a week later they sais again another week, then a week later they said again next week, and now my dad ordered one, and they still haven't called us, but they did say there was a pretty big order list in that shop.

9. Mosh macrumors newbie

Yeah, just go to www.tnt.fi and enter your carrier tracking number there. Then you'll get more detail on where your unit is at the moment =) They even called me before coming over to check I'm at home. Which is pretty cool, it seems they don't do that in every country.

10. G4-power thread starter macrumors 6502

G4-power

Thanks everyone for your replies to this thread. My problem is, I thought I would save a couple of euros, and ordered my iPod touch through Verkkokauppa.com Tallinn (I was like the third in line or something). It's like 10 euros cheaper than on Apple Web Store, and I didn't need the laser engraving, so why pay extra for it. Now that verkkokauppa.com is showing a delivery time of 2-4 weeks...I would've been happy to pay the couple of euros more to get mine earlier!

11. mssm macrumors newbie

I tried at TNT's website but with no luck. It said : "Not Found". I opted for the free shipping. Is that the reason? Actually my "delivery ref. no." was not 9 digit but it was 10.

My page doesn't shpw any "carrier tracking no." It says : "it will be updated".

Did you guys opt for express shipping?

12. daniel.ord macrumors member

Hasn't arrived in shops in Denmark either. A few preorders from Apple.dk have arrived, but stille none at premium resellers. Sucks.

13. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

but i think the ipod touches will arrive one of theese days, and if they come by ship, they do don't they, Antwerp has a big dock :p

14. tissot macrumors newbie

Anybody here ordered 4-5 oct? Hoping to get this before 22. Going for a week work trip by then and
    still not shipped :( i'm kinda sick of this waiting game had it enough with phones already ;)

15. mssm macrumors newbie

Yeah, I ordered on 4th and it has been shipped on 9th. Will reach on 19th(subject to change :mad:). I opted for the free shipping.

16. tissot macrumors newbie

Okey MacPeople Life store in Helsinki(dunno about Tampere) has 8 of both touches 8 and 16GB. 8GB selling for 329€.
    And my touch shipped today from Apple(damnit :) ) so it will still take some time for me.
    http://www.macpeople.fi/main/index.php

17. G4-power thread starter macrumors 6502

G4-power

Whoah, that's expensive. Reminds me of Humac's (former Officeline, former Mac&Carry) prices. Apple Store price + 20% or something. :D
    I just checked, my order date was 12. September. It's been a month now!

18. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Oh, just to nitpick: Finland is not part of Scandinavia ;).

19. tissot macrumors newbie

Seems you can already find it from humac stores with normal price ;) And rest of the stores are expecting it for monday.
    My packet from TNT might already be here in 19 oct...... oh this joy :(

20. G4-power thread starter macrumors 6502

G4-power

Oh yeah, sorry! What I meant was Fenno-Scandia! :D

Anyway, it seems that if verkkokauppa.com is getting the touches on monday (considering that other Finnish Apple Retailers already have them...) I would get mine next week! I've been waiting for so long...

21. Evangelion macrumors 68040

Humac received some touches and I bought the last one they had. Week 40, absolutely flawless screen. I seriously love this thing. Hell, this thing looks like it's straight fr star trek! Superb device! Posting From my touch :)

22. mssm macrumors newbie

I got it

I got it on 17th. It's week 41. Right now I'm typing on it
    for this post. Gorgeous screen and excellent overall
    feature. It's just blown me away. It's so cool. I played some
    black and movies to see whether there is any problem
    with the screen. There is none. Viewing angle is also superb.
    synced with itunes without any problem. It's an awesome gadget.

Had some problem with the typing though. My fingers
    are fat, so sometimes I mistype. However I'm very happy
    with it.

And it's 16 GB. :)

23. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

my dad got it a week ago, a 40 week ipod touch 16GB it's awesome, it's fantastic!!

24. G4-power thread starter macrumors 6502

G4-power

Mine shipped from Verkkokauppa.ee (verkkokauppa.com Tallinn) on the 19th. Should arrive today! It took ONLY a month and a week, but I'm happy to get mine!

25. adamsen87 macrumors member

Anyone else ordered from Apple Store . I wonder dit it take the full 7-10 days and if it did more 7 or more 10 days. Also how long was the shipment, did it ship from China or Europe?

//adamsen87