Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ikaka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
From iRealSMS Forum by Reznor9 :
"We hope you like it... this redesign as you all know took MONTHS to complete and many many man hours for the two of us... especially Chris(the developer). There were many trials when doing this as we suffered from frustrating nights where we thought things were not possible, many safe mode crashes and firmware updates, that complicated the update process. But in the end we have the product that we envisioned! On Sunday we released our BETA1, which will be available to all iRealSMS 2.0 licensed customers... your license should transfer over to a 3.0 license automatically.

I hope we survive the HYPE with this amazing release! :lol:
And yes iRealSMS 3.0 is FULLY MMS SUPPORTED! (for those who have it avalible already in their messages app) In the main app, and in the QuickReply/QuickSend !!

FYI: iRealQuickSMS will get an update, but not till the iRealSMS 3.0 is complete.. please note that iRealQuickSMS will primarily be bug fixes as many things will be exclusive to the main app iRealSMS 3.0.

I'll answer your questions, but I'll for the most part just let the screen shots speak for themselves.
We will start with the main app.
here is the conversations list.

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Timestamps can be seen by either selecting VIEW on the copy/paste submenu or by selecting EDIT while in conversations you can see timestamps for all messages.

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

NOW OUR NEW QUICKREPLY / QUICKSEND !!
QuickSend now uses the same search parameters as the messages app... you have TOTAL access to your contacts list, both phone numbers and email addresses... so if you want to send a QuickSend to an email address... DO IT !! This has all kinds of benifeits! If someone it texting you from their computer via their email, then you can hold an online conversation from your quickreply!

file.php

file.php

Note: you cannot take new pictures via the QuickReply/QuickSend, but you can access your pictures album/camera roll to attach images.

THATS RIGHT!! CONTACT PICTURES IN QUICKREPLY!
Others said it could not be done! Others said there just was not enough room! But they said Landscape QuickReply/QuickSend was impossible on the Springboard too! We proved them wrong again!

file.php

EVEN IN LANDSCAPE! LIKE THE NEW SETUP?

file.php
s

file.php

file.php

We hope you are all impressed! Let us know what you think. Thanks to everyone for your patience and support...
now lets see how long it takes for the "others" to start requesting these features :lol: We may take our time and we may be but 2 people... but we continue set the standard and surpass it as we take 3rd party messaging on the iPhone to the next level! Enjoy!"

I'm on the beta 3.0 and LOVING IT!

EDIT: Fixes for most common problems in current beta summed up by 'Donuts':

Those with the N# Problem:
Settings->Advanced->Use Notification Code
Switch the toggle on and off and respring
Or delete N# from "Notification Code"

Those with the double SMS Alert Problem:
Go to Settings->Advanced->Quickreply
and switch off "Auto-Hide after Dim

Easiest way to bring up keyboard:
Tap outside bubble or the name

Also visit iRealSMS Forums for questions and answers:
http://forum.irealsms.com/viewforum.php?f=15

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Why is emoji accessed by the camera button when you can easily access it from the globe icon next to the space bar?

I think it embeds and sends the emoji as an image (MMS) rather than as an Emoji character. This way it may show up better on non iPhones. I think...

ikaka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
I think it embeds and sends the emoji as an image (MMS) rather than as an Emoji character. This way it may show up better on non iPhones. I think...

It's still character, just much easier to access, then switching to a different keyboard with emoji.. at least what I think

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
How stable is it? As I love 2.0, it’s the reason for getting an iPhone as the current conversations are absolute rubbish. I wouldn’t own an iPhone if it wasn’t for your app. Many thanks!

ikaka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
How stable is it? As I love 2.0, it’s the reason for getting an iPhone as the current conversations are absolute rubbish. I wouldn’t own an iPhone if it wasn’t for your app. Many thanks!

Totally with you on that one! 3.0 is VERY stable they put it through private beta testing before making a public beta, so pretty much all the perks are fixed, no crashes at all so far and all the bugs that were in 2.0 are gone for sure.

ikaka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
does this give us free SMS?

Not free SMS but they'll have a credit system where u can buy credits to SMS through their system instead of your carrier (like biteSMS), sometimes that's cheaper, like sending overseas messages are cheaper through credits then through carrier.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
what is the exact name of the new icon as i've just installed beta 2 but i'm using custom icons in themes.

Thanks

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
It's a great app, will love showing it to my friends who don't wish to JB...

My only issue is the native apple look when creating a new message, I like the way you could create messages with the "To" field at the top and conversation under that

ikaka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
It's a great app, will love showing it to my friends who don't wish to JB...

My only issue is the native apple look when creating a new message, I like the way you could create messages with the "To" field at the top and conversation under that

You mean the space between the "To:" and the actual text input field?

ikaka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
I've noticed, still a great app. I least we get folders such as "inbox" etc

:)

My Fav are the QuickReply! Replaying to an SMS without quitting the current app... mmm.. priceless!

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
My Fav are the QuickReply! Replaying to an SMS without quitting the current app... mmm.. priceless!

Seems very cool actually. That's the only thing I think that makes it worth while... The rest of the enhancements are mild.

How much does this cost?

ikaka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Seems very cool actually. That's the only thing I think that makes it worth while... The rest of the enhancements are mild.

How much does this cost?

There is also QuickSend wich is also nice, you can either send sms from within any app of type stuff there and press 'save' and it saves the text in your notes app. I used it to grab stuff from the safari, like jockes
It's 10euros

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
There is also QuickSend wich is also nice, you can either send sms from within any app of type stuff there and press 'save' and it saves the text in your notes app. I used it to grab stuff from the safari, like jockes
It's 10euros

Oh wow... Yea no thanks, haha. A little expensive for me for a minor convenience.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
When I send a text message and quit the app it just saves it to "Drafts" only if I leave the app open while sending does it send and not go to "Drafts"

Can anyone help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.