iPhone XS Max Is a good idea move from X to XS Max?

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
I am happy of my iPhone X 256gb but today I found a big offer and I order an iPhone XS max 256 gb at 1100€ instead 14xx€.
the shop will ship tomorrow and I want be sure 100% that iPhone max can be a great choice.

What do you think?

What are the really difference between iPhone X and XS MAX?

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Has the Max panorama view for facebook and other all apps? (Panorama view= the display/app rotate when you rotate iPhone)
I went from Huawei mate 9 and with iPhone X I hate that I need be in portrait mode for write or other apps (Only message and whatsapp use panorama.

cinnabun814

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2018
I upgraded from a 256GB space grey X to a 256GB XS Max and to me the upgrade was NOT worth it. After having the phone for a while the size feels the same if that makes any sense. You get used to it. The speed difference isn't noticable and the X's camera is already fantastic. I'd keep what you have.

Reactions: yaboid01 and YaBoiD

pugxiwawa

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2009
Camera would be the only thing that’s worth the upgrade. If you take lots of photos the upgrade is worth it, otherwise no. Performance wise it’s almost the same. But comparing photos side by side really shows how bad iPhone X camera is.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
I take a lot of photos and video.
Do you think is better the iPhone max camera?
I thought they was the same

Ralfi

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I played with the Max in store & thought it was a possibility, but using the X since then, I'm in too many situations at & away from work where I need to use my phone one handed.

I also don't use it in Landscape often when out & about...& at home, I jump on the iPad for videos & landscape use.

hr10

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Had the X then changed to XR
Returned the XR due to the black level on the screen and camera
Got a XS on Craigslist, don’t see much different except the speaker is noticeably better and camera, speed wise is the same
but I am selling the XS as I got a Max on Swappa
It was coming down to either going back to X to save some money or Max. I foresee the stereo speaker will take better advantage from the bigger screen.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
Personally I did this upgrade and found the Max just too big to reasonably use one handed (I take transit as my main mode of transportation thus one handed use is pretty important). I ended up returning the max and getting the regular sized XS which is a fantastic phone, but if I could do it again I’d just not upgrade and not sell my X. Oh well, not all that upset about it.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Thx guys for your experience.
Another question: how is iPhone Max’s keyboard?
The question is necessary because wi5 iPhone X I have some problem with keyboard. The letters are too near and little for my fingers, so sometimes I make some errors when I write.

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
Has the Max panorama view for facebook and other all apps? (Panorama view= the display/app rotate when you rotate iPhone)
I went from Huawei mate 9 and with iPhone X I hate that I need be in portrait mode for write or other apps (Only message and whatsapp use panorama.
Do you simply mean landscape view?! That entirely depends on app developers and not on the device.

Thx guys for your experience.
Another question: how is iPhone Max’s keyboard?
The question is necessary because wi5 iPhone X I have some problem with keyboard. The letters are too near and little for my fingers, so sometimes I make some errors when I write.
The keyboard is spaced out a bit more compared to the X as the width is a bit wider on the max model. Makes it easier to type on.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Do you simply mean landscape view?! That entirely depends on app developers and not on the device.
Yeah, i speak about landscape view.

I change the question about this mode: Are socials (Facebook, twitter and others) compratible with landscape view?

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
Yeah, i speak about landscape view.

I change the question about this mode: Are socials (Facebook, twitter and others) compratible with landscape view?
I don’t use Facebook but Twitter supports landscape view. As I mentioned earlier. It completely depends on the app developers.

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I upgraded from the X to the Xs Max and it was totally worth it. There are several differences and features that make it worthwhile. The bigger display size with better ratio, the stereo sound, the better camera, the better Face ID and lastly the better performance is definitely noticeable.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Why photos are better in the XS?
I thought they had the same camera, stabilizer ecc..

Ralfi

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
iPhone X I have some problem with keyboard. The letters are too near and little for my fingers, so sometimes I make some errors when I write.
You should try either Swiftkey or G-Board. Both support swipe typing which means you don't need to press each key. Swipe's very good at predicting words. It'll surprise you.

Twitter supports landscape view
Is that exclusive to the Max? (Twitter never supported Landscape on smartphones I thought).

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I am happy of my iPhone X 256gb but today I found a big offer and I order an iPhone XS max 256 gb at 1100€ instead 14xx€.
the shop will ship tomorrow and I want be sure 100% that iPhone max can be a great choice.

What do you think?

What You’re really purchasing is the larger form factor with the Max, everything else is almost identical between the performance and camera aspects. Essentially what I would do if I were you, is handle the Max first to see if that’s comfortable for you, then make your decision.

Reactions: Magnusson

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
I ordered the cover and tomorrow i will see the big size of the Max.

I went from HuaweiMate 9 and my hands loved this size.

Sean006

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2008
i moved from the X to the Max

could not be happier
once you get used to it the size will seem small

perfect size if you ask me.

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
You should try either Swiftkey or G-Board. Both support swipe typing which means you don't need to press each key. Swipe's very good at predicting words. It'll surprise you.

Is that exclusive to the Max? (Twitter never supported Landscape on smartphones I thought).
Not really twitter has been supporting landscape on smartphones since sometime now.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
I think today i will received the covers and the iphone Max, i think will decide after .
I wish the size is good as my old mate 9, if not i will return back without problems.

I saw some videos and i understand only that it is as you describe, a big iphone X with some new upgrades. I think wil love landscape view because i stay a lot with orizontal phone but i see iphone X unable to use landscape and some app rotate bad. I will tell you more in the next days because your words are right "landscape view is a app developer decision, not an apple decision" , so i can't say if Max is better of my X until i try it.
Thx for all.

Last edited:

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2015

What do you think?

For me, definitely yes. I find the X/Xs small for media consumption.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Today i received the Max.
I insert the rugged cover and th iphone becomes very big.
Landscape mode doesn’t work for facebook and instagram (twitter works great) but the long iphone make me keyboard more friendly in this view.
Iphone X is better for 1 hand but i found iphone max more balanced with 1 hand.

Iphone max is more bigger for read news and safari pages, while i need zoom sometimes with iphone X.
The bid problem of iphone Max is the hand ache after some minutes with 1-hand .
Thx you for tips, i tell you the winner of this fight but i think will be the Max.