Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is anybody beginning to to dislike Steve Jobs?

• No.

Votes: 157 68.6%
  • Yes.

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • I personally like him but think he is losing credibility by making claims that are too large.

Votes: 34 14.8%
  • I have begun to hate him.

Votes: 10 4.4%

• Total voters

powderblue17

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
lol. you genuinely surprised with me not liking SJ?

Here is one of the problems with SJ that I dislike:

He is dishonest.

He's no angel but I don't know how you can dislike him because all he does is defend and pump up his products which isn't much different then what you always do on here with Firefox. Personally I think Chrome blows Firefox out of the water with it's smoothness and speed so whatever.

As far as someone saying that he lied about Tuesday being a big deal can you show me where he ever said it was a big deal besides pointing to some rumor posted on MacRumors.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
He's no angel but I don't know how you can dislike him because all he does is defend and pump up his products which isn't much different then what you always do on here with Firefox. Personally I think Chrome blows Firefox out of the water with it's smoothness and speed so whatever.

As far as someone saying that he lied about Tuesday being a big deal can you show me where he ever said it was a big deal besides pointing to some rumor posted on MacRumors.

you can dig up my 7000+ post and see where did I lie about firefox.

there is a different between making strong case for your own products, and lying about both your products and your opponents'.

Which post did I make case for firefox that was dishonest? Where did I make lie against opera, safari, ie, or chrome?

You like Chrome? go ahead use it. Thats not my issue, and I don't know you want to turn this topic into a personal discovery of me, do you?:p

If you want to discuss about me, open a new thread in community board, here we should stick to the topic. I dislike SJ, and dishonest is one of the issues. Thats it.

If you want to discuss chrome vs. firefox, you can open a new thread somewhere as well (I haven't see one dedicated thread for this topic yet). I would love to discuss that with you too.

of course, you still like him (SJ), thats why this is a poll, and seems you are in majority here. Thats fine with me too. I don't try to discover your personality through your opinion, i.e. i don't call you fanboy here.:)

eRondeau

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
Canada's South Coast
Success changes everyone.

Eight years ago, when Apple was an "also-ran", Steve could do pretty much whatever he wanted with the company and nobody cared. Everybody expected Apple to fail anyway, so why not invest in this crazy .mp3 player that was too big, too heavy, and too white -- and only worked with Mac's? Today, Apple is one of the most successful companies in history and now (just like Exxon and General Electric) it's got millions of shareholders that Steve has to constantly please. So Steve is very much a victim of his own success -- he literally can't afford to take the same chances today that he so willingly took with the original iMac & iPod. In 1980 Microsoft was the lean, mean, hungry upstart that turned technology on its ear, before becoming corporate and bloated. In 2000/2001 Apple did it with the iMac & iPod, and all things spawned by them. And in the near future, some other hungry company will come along with a better way of doing things and change everything we know once again. It is as natural as it is inevitable. So cut poor Steve some slack, he's doing the best he can. He's balancing explosive growth vs. a culture of innovation; short-term shareholder returns vs. long-term R&D investment; responsibility vs. creativity. All the while turning-out new and innovative technology products at an unprecedented pace. I just wish he'd stop parking in handicapped spots. :apple:

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
SJ was nice when he was working with The Woz back when Apple was new, but when it started to get big SJ got nasty :(

I watched the documentary on it, Pirates Of Silicon Valley.

Also, when SJ and The Woz were working on something for Atari didnt SJ lie so he could get more money than The Woz? I remember that from iWoz.

So I suppose he has always been horrible, really, but it only came out later.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
I answered #3 that he is beginning to lose credibility. When I first saw him I really thought he was great. These days I think he says more and more things he knows are dishonest. Please submit your opinion. Maybe there should be more poll options as well.

I'm beginning to dislike you Steve is my hero:D, I'd follow him blindly! (I voted No. 1 BTW)

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 7, 2007
I don't see the post now but somebody asked me to name one thing he said that is dishonest. He claimed that web 2.0 apps were sufficient for the iPhone. We all know how that went.

FWIW I put the options in the poll as to make it favorable for jobs. It does seem that there is a minority here that views him as one might view somebody like Jerry Rubin. Never trust anybody over 30.

archesdevil

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2008
Regardless of the fact that I don't know him, it's a well-known fact amongst old Mac users that he isn't exactly a nice guy. Never was, and never will be. The company which he's CEO of can make some great products, but that should be detached from Steve Jobs, the human being. The man does park in handicap parking spots and isn't handicap. :rolleyes:

He's an absolute tosser, but CEO of a great company. And he make Jon Ive head of design. ;)

I'm sure Oprah parks in handicapped parking spots too.

Dejavu

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2008
I socially love Steve Jobs, and am not afraid to say it! :)

But I financially hate him!

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 7, 2007
It is also dishonest when Jobs goes to an Ipod event and launches a new product (think ear buds here) for the "funnest" Ipod ever when it isn't compatible with what he called the "greatest" Ipod ever with in 2 months of launching the 3G. Let alone rejecting an app in the store for duplicating functionality, when such functionality doesn't exist on the Iphone currently.

I know it isn't Jobs in particular that launched the products or selects the apps but he is the spokesman. If Gates doesn't deserve a bit more benefit of the doubt why, give it to Steve?

archesdevil

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2008
You need to use the dictionary function, assuming you have a Mac, and look up the definition of dishonesty.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 7, 2007
Either one of you want to give a specific example of something he said or did you think was dishonest? Rather than making a statement but providing no rationale for it.

I already stated one thing I thought was dishonest in a previous post.

If you want another opinion posting adware like genius into 2.1 and claiming it is a feature is also not above board in my book.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
I already stated one thing I thought was dishonest in a previous post.

If you want another opinion posting adware like genius into 2.1 and claiming it is a feature is also not above board in my book.

Genius rules I have found so many songs that I now love thanks to Genius.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
I watched the documentary on it, Pirates Of Silicon Valley.

OMG that's like saying "I know all there is about the medevil times, I watch the Tudor's on Showtime"

You do realize that's not a documentary but more a fiction based on some facts. Over half the stuff even Woz can't confirm happened.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
A genius perfectionist with a vision of what the world could be if people put more effort into what they create? Undoubtedly, but I don't think he's a nice guy. Too many people say he's a complete **** for anyone to be fooled into thinking otherwise.

However, I'm not voting in the poll. It's not like we're on each others' Christmas card lists. I don't care if he's disliked as long as he keeps Apple motivated.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 7, 2007
A genius perfectionist with a vision of what the world could be if people put more effort into what they create? Undoubtedly, but I don't think he's a nice guy. Too many people say he's a complete **** for anyone to be fooled into thinking otherwise.

However, I'm not voting in the poll. It's not like we're on each others' Christmas card lists. I don't care if he's disliked as long as he keeps Apple motivated.

The guy that pumps out in Steve's opinion "third rate products" is also the worlds largest philanthropist.

Also Apple was told to pull an ad in the UK for reasons that it was dishonest I know it isn't Jobs that makes them but shows a pattern.

As the ads for being twice as quick should be pulled but I haven't seen one in awhile so maybe they did themselves a favor. The load times were misleading.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 7, 2007
Considering three of four of the available poll responses are reinforcing your (negative) query, it's pretty evident what you are aiming at, even if you don't think you are. It's called a loaded poll.

You don't work for the New York Times/Fox News, do ya'? :p

As far as "personally" disliking anything or anyone, doesn't it stand to reason that all dislikes are by their very nature personal?

Ever notice the first option is in his favor and the worst option is at the bottom?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.