Is anyone else annoyed about the whole bending situation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lexical, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Lexical macrumors regular

Ok so i know there has been a lot about the whole bending thing. I've read a lot about it and to be honest I'm still not sure about how bad it really is in reality. I've got a 6, which i should add isn't bent, yet...

But does anyone else find themselves treating their 6/6+ with kid gloves? I almost never put mine in my trouser pocket anymore unless i don't have a choice. Whenever i sit down i take it out and put it on the table. Whenever i get in my car i don't leave in it my pocket i put it in the centre console.

Does this annoy anyone else? I shouldn't have to do that. Im sure I'm being hugely over cautious, but at the end of the day i don't want a damn bent phone!

I love my 6, but even having to think about this stuff annoys me and makes me almost resent the device. Its got to last me 2 more years yet...!

I dunno, ramble over...

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

Do you participate in any extreme sports? Like skydiving, flying suit base jumping, downhill long boarding, full contact chess?

Are your answers no to all the above? Then shut up and enjoy your phone. Did you answer yes? Well stop taking your phone to the roller derby championship.

It is a piece of thin aluminum dude, treat it as such.

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I treat my iPhone 6 no different then my iPhone 4. Guess what. Its not bent. And it wont be bending...

4. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

I'm only annoyed when I see another post about it.

5. Lexical thread starter macrumors regular

That made me chuckle...

6. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i'm most annoyed that people keep talking about it

7. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Like the others, just annoyed but folks who start a new thread about it rather than just posting in one one many existing ones.

8. Lexical thread starter macrumors regular

Well, most of them are about actual bent phones...

Don't really understand why people don't like talking about it, but hey ho.

9. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

People need to take of their phones better and Apple needs to make more durable phones instead of being obsessed with thinness.

10. uchosen macrumors 6502

Another bending thread. Wonderful.

Yeah, I'm annoyed when I drop my phone on its face, the glass shatters. Can you believe that? Common sense... :rolleyes:

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The people who were having problems were getting the problems from everyday usage, not extreme sports. :rolleyes:

12. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Don't live your life in fear and you'll have fun.

13. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Tread already derailed...

I feel the same way as the OP, it's making me overly cautious with it.

14. iceperson macrumors 6502

Some people would rather put their head in the sand. A problem that doesn't currently effect them isn't a problem. If you keep it in your front pocket then chances are it'll be bent before you buy your next phone, most likely from something extreme, like pulling your phone out of your pocket while sitting. It's a shame though. My daughter's 4s just started having problems too so I could really use a new phone. Normally I'd just pickup a 6 for myself and give her my 5, but I think I'll probably pick her up a used 5 or 5s.

15. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

What I find most annoying is new topics about bending! If you have a genuine issue take it to the store!

16. iceperson macrumors 6502

If only there was a way you could tell what a post was about before clicking on it. Maybe if it had a topic or something...

17. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

LOL quite defensive. The phone can bend over normal use, and he is annoyed about having to be extra careful with it. Legitimate complaint, the phone doesn't only bend when doing "extreme sports".

18. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am more annoyed by all of the posters who are "absolutely 100% without a doubt sure that the phones bend due to abuse and not in pockets". Maybe you're right. But ridiculing and calling people liars on a public forum based on "facts" you cannot prove is ridiculous.

----------

I think some of that was tongue in cheek. :)

19. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I was obviously kidding, but come on regular usage? So like if I put it to my ear like super hard it will bend? Wait that isn't normal, how about if I wedge it between my shoulder and ear while laying like on my side? That is "normal" I suppose; would that bend my iPhone 6? What else is "normal" that would apply enough force to bend aluminum. Before you say in your pocket, maybe your an extreme bender. Or extremely fat.

20. fotomarc macrumors regular

fotomarc

You need 70lbs of force to bend one, so it's not an easy thing to do!

21. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

Maybe they are all gymnasts and travel by backflips.

22. bakron1 macrumors member

As I said in one of my post, I know of at least 100 folks that have both the iPhone 6 and the 6 plus and use them in a industrial environment and never had any bent phone issues.

I carry my phone in my front and back pocket and I have had my 6 and 6+ since the launch day and never had an issue.

23. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Touché, you got me.

24. iceperson, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

iceperson macrumors 6502

Put the phone in your front pocket while wearing jeans that fit. Sit down. Take your phone out without standing up. Tell me, was that extreme?

----------

70lbs at the middle. At the weak point the 6 plus starts to deform at 23lbs.

[​IMG]