Is anyone else waiting for the "6c"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sellitman, Dec 27, 2015.

1. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

I bought both of my boys 6's a number of months ago and have played with the larger screen only to come to the conclusion that my 5 is in my opinion, optimal. I love being able to stuff this thing comfortably in my dress shirt pocket. I like being able to use one hand to straddle the screen. Even with a case which I only use outside of my house or away from my office the size is workable.

Seems that I am in the minority and that's ok. I just wonder who else feels as strongly as I do?

2. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I'm waiting to see if the rumors of a new 4" iPhone with 6S-level internal specs are true. I honestly do not like the 6/6S design all that much, so I've held on to the 5.

If component leaks start hitting the web I'd say that increases the probability of a new smaller iPhone.

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I feel strongly that the size of the 5 and 5s is my preferred size, but with Apple restricting top of the line camera features to the 6s Plus, I have to stay with the 6S plus. However, even the 6s is too big for my 11 year old. She tried one in the store and it just does not suit her hands or how she wants to carry it, given her very athletic and active lifestyle. So we are waiting for the 6c for her upgrade.

She currently has my old 5s and will stick with it until her grandma wants it. Grandma is still happy with her original iPhone.

4. sellitman thread starter macrumors regular

sellitman

I'm hoping the Camera is equal to that of the 6s. That might be a deal breaker to me. I'm ok if it doesn't have the new Touch screen. That seems like more of a gimmick to me at this stage anyhow.

5. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I think if it has the same specs as the 6, I'd be happy. I don't really use 3D touch, live photos etc. I do like the idea of the 6c being colorful like the iPod touch. I just wonder if it'll be the exact same shell as the 5s?

6. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

My husband and I are both waiting. I have a 6 now that I'd trade in a heart beat although it still runs great. Hubby is still using a 4s that has little to no battery left. If the new 4 inch doesn't emerge soon he will likely settle for a 5s. I've been encouraging him to wait but I'm not sure his 4s will make it that long.

7. viperGTS macrumors 65816

I'm waiting for it. Hoping for an A9 chip and a cool color selection. :)

8. wolfedude88 macrumors regular

wolfedude88

I don't care about Touch ID but I want the rest of the specs to be like the 6s. I really wants a 4 inch phone again but I won't be an old apex phone to get it.

The 6 will be about 1.5 years old buy the time this comes out and that is too old to buy at that point.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

If the price is right I would get one for my son as a streaming device

10. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Depends on price. If it is priced at $400 price point while only having a generation old SoC (currently, the $450 iPhones have 2-year-old SoCs), I will get it as a backup of my 6S.
    However, I think it will be simply the 6th gen iPod Touch with a phone, replacing the current $450 iPhone 5S. If that's the case, I'll skip it.

But if Apple do a nanochromatic on it, and put a metallic orange 6C, I'll bite. :D

11. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

The 6c will not be on par with the 6s come on that's crazy. Just as the 5c was a repackaged 5 and slotted below the 5s, the 6c will be a shrunken down 6.

4" retina screen, A8 chip, 8MP cam, 1GB RAM, Apple Pay, no 3D Touch but it will have touchID of course.

12. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I agree with most of this but I do think it would have Apple Pay. For Apple to put out a device that is lacking in a feature they are pushing so hard wouldn't make any sense. At first, yes, it was a way to get early adopters to upgrade. But now I think it's a matter of saturating their user base with it for maximum adoption rates.

13. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

iPhone 6 was almost same as iPhone 5S speedwise. So if 6c is same as 6, it would be almost as fast as iPhone 5S. People should get 5S instead.

Simple conclusion.

14. geta macrumors 6502a

6s specs with 4" screen, ApplePay, Touch ID, minus 3D Touch and the rest of the gimmicks and im in.

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I am pretty sure that Apple will not give it all the specs of the 6S. ApplePay and Touch-ID are a given, the rest is still up in the air.

16. phositadc macrumors 6502

17. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

If they use the same A8 as the iPad Mini 4, though, it'll have 2gb of RAM. That alone makes it better.

18. dave2010 macrumors regular

I'll be happy to switch to a 6C, after checking the reviews confirm battery life and a couple of other things areOK.
    I had a 6, which I lost so I got a 6s and I'm finding it less reliable than the 6. I wish I just got the 5s.

19. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

Nah. I do think that it is really awesome of Apple to create the device though! However, it is lame about the camera. Also would be cool to see the A10 in there...but alas, it will be budget friendly.

20. pika2000 macrumors 68030

One thing I wonder is, do you guys think this will be a straight replacement for the bottom tier? The 5c was middle tier when it was introduced, thus having 2-year shelf life before being discontinued. If this goes straight as the bottom tier, what will happen in 2017? It will be discontinued right away? Or will Apple keep the design and just replace the internals? (6cS for 2017?) :D

21. aces99 macrumors 6502

aces99

Yes I have been waiting for an upgraded 5S for months. I want to upgrade my 5S but don't really want anything bigger than 4", maybe 4.2.

22. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

This is just a suspicion, but I think the iPhone Mini would likely have the A8 chip.

23. geta macrumors 6502a

Even if it will use the A8 but with 2GB ram, i will be happy.

24. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Only time will tell

25. aces99 macrumors 6502

aces99

I think if Apple does come out with a 6C or whatever they are going to call it it will have the A9 chip. They can't come out with a new phone that has old specs.