Is anyone else who reserved have to work all day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bowlman23, Jun 17, 2010.

1. bowlman23 macrumors regular

I wish I could be like many of the people on here, but I have to work on the 24th. I have mine reserved and confirmed by my Apple Store, but I have to work a full day till 5:30. I'll get there at 6ish, and pray the reservation line isn't too long.

My store said that I was guaranteed a phone, but that I should get there as early as I can as they may cap off the line after a certain time if they think they can't get to them by 9PM.

Anyone else working all day and going to pick up the phone afterward?

2. kozlosap macrumors member

"normal" high school teacher here, LOL! Last day of school was TODAY:D

3. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

I work for a website, and my supervisor is going down there with me!

4. Jnyce macrumors regular

I am a teacher so friday is my last day then summer begins.... so does that make me not normal? Since i can wait all day for my phone.

5. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

If working all day and not having the flexibility to do something important is normal, count me out.

Also, your tone seems a bit judgmental.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

7. mastershakess macrumors 6502

I might go into work late, "doctor's appointment"

8. mantan macrumors 68000

I'm out of town on the 24th and 25th. Having it shipping to the store and will pick it up when I get back on the 27th.

9. odyssey924 macrumors regular

iPhone launch day.

One of the many perks of having your own business and working from home.

10. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Different people have different scheduling rules, but picking up a phone a few hours early is definitely not worth burning a sick day or vacation day.

11. bowlman23 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not being judgmental. I don't think my employer would consider the release of the iPhone "something important". I just meant that I was hoping someone else was in my position. I have a training seminar that day, so in this case, I don't have a lot of flexibility.

Sorry if my post came out the wrong way. Didn't mean anything by it.

12. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

There are no *normal* people on this forum anymore.

Try your question elsewhere.

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Normal means what?

I work a 10 hour shift, but don't work 'til 3 or so. ;)

14. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I have class from 9:30 - 10:45 then work from 11 - 4. Glad my Apple Store opens at 7.

15. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

I'm a normal person who already had a vacation planned to southern Cali, for almost 5 months before I knew what day the iPhone came out.

Also I work part time, I don't work on Fridays. (The day I thought the iPhone would come out) Also its Summer for the college folk :)

Although a reservation at an Apple store would not work for me because I'm driving that day.

16. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm a freelancer, I'm going to the Apple Store at 7AM, sitting with my MacBook Pro and showing off some App Store apps I'm working on for the iPad and iPhone with the Simulator. LOL.

17. itsmequinn macrumors regular

Well I'm PRETTY normal. Going at about 3. I feel your pain. A little anxious that all this reservation hub bub will screw things up and they won't hold a phone for me.

18. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

QFT, except my summer began a few weeks ago :D

19. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

Just going to work after i pick it up. Opens at 7am, i don't anticipate waiting too long since I'll get there around 6am and have a confirmed reservation.

20. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Classes from 10-4, and work afterwards til 10pm, so i guess that's a yes. That won't stop me from going to get the phone if the white version is available though.

21. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

I would walk in to the store now and re-affirm with a manager that you will be there at what ever time. I bet he/she gives you a business card and makes sure yours put aside.

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I work for myself so I should be able to get it off. but I also may be on jury duty.

23. elephunkman macrumors 65816

24. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I might. I tried to ask for the day off but not sure if I'll get it. And I'd be working 10:30 - 7 so either chance having to leave line cause I gotta get to work, or getting there so late that my reservation might be gone for whatever reason (people with emails but no confirmation getting it, lot of broken ones, not enough sent).

Plus, it's not a good job to do sleep deprived (grooming dogs of which many don't want to be cooperative so it's more like wrestling dogs sometimes and watching out if they are about to bite you). I might wake up early and get to the store early anyways (to be sure of getting out in time) and just be miserable the rest of the day (and hope the high of getting my iphone can sustain me and that maybe i can get off work early).

25. Jarpo macrumors newbie

I'll most likely have to work at or around 10am. I reserved mine at Best Buy and I'm curious how they are going to do the pickups. The last three years I've waited in line at the Apple store so I know how long the wait could end up being and I don't want to risk being late for work.