iPad Is anyone else's iPad 4 still preparing to ship????

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dstopsie, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Hi

Ordered my 32fig wifi white at 12:01 am Friday morning and its been preparing to ship since Saturday morning. Tried ups and FedEx tracking info and looked up my items on apple product support page but no info is there.

Is anyone else still waiting like I am?

Thanks!

2. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

3. Jnava420 macrumors regular

Was in the same boat as you, find your serial number then use that for the reference number that can be found at your my profile on apples site, mine was shipped ups but it seems like most were shipped FedEx at least in the states

4. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

How do I find my serial number?

5. Dstopsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple support page. But I tried that and it's not showing up there yet. My iPad must be shipping from within the US and not china. Usually when I order and it comes from china it would have shipped by now.

6. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

Check it Thursday evening or early Friday. Until then, whats the hurry?

7. isacikgoz macrumors newbie

8. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

Same here. Im pretty confident that if the orders ship from china, they are likely to be dispatched today, it usually takes around 3 days to ship orders from china to Europe/ US.

9. Jnava420 macrumors regular

Mine is coming from china and was picked up yesterday just to give you an idea....black mini and 4thgen wifi only models

10. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Hm, where specifically on the Apple support page? I can't seem to find any link to direct me to my preordered iPad....

11. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

Yep, ordered mine at same time and it stills says "Preparing for Shipping" with delivery expected by Nov. 2. Problem: I ordered one and the order was screwed up so I canceled and reordered. Apple has charged me for both and the canceled order is still showing up as being charged on my credit card. When will Apple remove/refund me for the canceled order?

12. Dstopsie thread starter macrumors 6502a

There a link there that Ivan see what products that u own. The new iPad will
    Show up there when they ship it.

13. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I wouldn't be too concerned, mine (UK) only changed to shipped this morning, but is on for delivery on Friday. Apple use UPS in the UK though, only ever had FedEx collect stuff that was going back.

14. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

I'd like to know where on the support page you can find a list of your owned products too. I have gone down every link on the page and nowhere does it tell me what I have already. The best I found was a place to type in a serial number, which I don't have.

By the way, I ordered at 12:03 PST, and I'm also still showing "preparing for shipment". I'm sure it will be here on time, but would just love to join in the fun of tracking.

15. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Mine is not even showing "Preparing". It still says "Processing". But the delivery date is 11/2, so I'm not worried (yet). I've tried all of the Tracking by Reference options plus have looked at support page, but it is no where to be found. I figure worse case, if my delivery gets delayed, I'll just head to my Apple Store Friday morning and stand in line. Then return the ordered unit when it arrives. Ironically my case is scheduled to be delivered this morning.

----------

supportprofile.apple.com

16. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

*sigh* apparently someone hasn't read the preparing for shipment thread. They're being delivered by both UPS and FedEx... if you go to their pages and search by reference number, the billing phone number you have on file with Apple will bring up the order\tracking information. I'm willing to bet anyone who says "nothing came up" is just searching their phone number as a tracking number, not the REFERENCE NUMBER.. ugh. GO READ THE SHIPPING\ORDERING thread. Someone needs to delete this thread as it's VERY, VERY redundant.

17. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Yep. My guess is that with it already being Tuesday these things are not going to be shipping direct from China to US customers.

18. bigboar macrumors 6502

Mine was in PA yesterday according to fedex even though it still shows preparing.....

19. 1dopebloke macrumors newbie

Then u would lose that bet!!! I've tried the reference number n not tracking number! Nothing is showing.

20. iEric4 macrumors member

Prepared for shipment here too. Mines started and been in Ontario, ca for a few days now. No updates at all yet. Shows delivers by 11/2 before 3pm. Used my iTunes account phone number on FedEx's track by reference.

21. punisher1-1 macrumors member

As soon as I tried the reference number it showed immediately thanks for the heads up.

22. Noisemaker Guest

Mine does, despite it being shipped already.

----------

Then you're doing it wrong.

23. drunkbacchus macrumors newbie

I too ordered mine on Friday, It still says "Delivers 11/2", but is still "preparing to ship".

I have tried searching on FedEx and UPS with my telephone number, order number, and serial number that I found on the support page. No go.

I have been searching by clicking on "Track by Reference " on Fed Ex and UPS and have not gotten any information.

Ups reports ">>>UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Verify your information and try again."

FedEx Reports " No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service." and then shows each reference I have put in.

It may be redundant for you, but it isn't for those of us who are still showing "Preparing to ship" despite not being able to pull up tracking information via any reference.

24. drunkbacchus macrumors newbie

Sorry for the double post, but my order status just changed to shipped from preparing to ship(Standard overnight).

I would suggest you check your status again. Looks like mine automagically changed at 2:00am Central (12am PST.)

Looks like I just need to fill out the pre-sign and am good to go!

25. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

Yeah, mine is still showing as Preparing to Ship and isn't showing up on either FedEx or UPS using the aforementioned trick. Kind of worried at this point.