Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rooftop voter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
Just wondering how many of you guys that have recieved your phones early aren having any issues?! Seems like everyone is having some kind of problem or another. I'm gonna grab my new phone in the morning regardless because I know apple will fix what's wrong, but just wondering what my chances of walking out with a phone that actually makes calls is! Lol.

ManOfTheHour

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Laguna Hills, CA
I thought everything was totally okay! Until... I was looking at my text message screen (so there was a white background) and theres a small clump of pixels that are really bright or something and white... its almost like a dimple on the screen! Not cool!

lyhte

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
Have had mine for 8 hours and literally no probs. No yellow screen, no signal issues while holding the phone, great battery life and just downloaded and made my first movie with iMovie. Alls well here.

Sleazy E

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2009
Disneyland
Two iPhones at my house. Both work perfect. Don't get too worried about complaints by the vocal minority...unfortunately they are the loudest while the majority of us with perfectly good phones are too busy playing with them to waste time posting complaints :)

Rooftop voter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
Good to hear, good to hear!! (except for the guy with pixel issues, that's not good to hear). I'll keep my fingers crossed, lol.

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2009
Two iPhones at my house. Both work perfect. Don't get too worried about complaints by the vocal minority...unfortunately they are the loudest while the majority of us with perfectly good phones are too busy playing with them to waste time posting complaints :)

Exactly, people with good phones dont complain. If everyone with a perfect iphone posted a thread about it on here. MR would probably crash.

LAS22

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
only thing for me is that under the facetime on/off switch, it say "waiting for activation". been like that for 2hrs now. they did mention that it could take up to 4hr for data and texting to reapply to my service.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
Mine is running great and I have had 0 issues after 3 hours of continuous use. As a matter of fact is is running even better/faster than I had anticipated.

Rooftop voter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
Mine is running great and I have had 0 issues after 3 hours of continuous use. As a matter of fact is is running even better/faster than I had anticipated.

How's your battery life? This is one of the big reasons I'm upgrading. I use my phone A LOT, so it's a big thing for me. That and the HD vid and better camera.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
How's your battery life? This is one of the big reasons I'm upgrading. I use my phone A LOT, so it's a big thing for me. That and the HD vid and better camera.

I've been using the phone since about 10pm. And I mean like I have not put it down, except to type on the forums here. It was at about 90% after I activated/synced it. Right now it is at 78% and that is after games, movies, music, skype, a lot of safari, iBooks, iMovie, recording about 10 minutes of video, taking about 30 pictures, a lot of texting and facebooking, a 10 minute phone call (regular call over 3G), downloading 5 app updates over wifi, and the list goes on.

I couldn't be happier with the battery life right now. I never use my phone this much on an average work day, so I know I could probably get 2 or even 3 normal days out of it on one charge (if I had to). After 3.5 hours of pretty much non stop use I've dropped only about 12%. And my brightness is all the way up.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Nope, zero problems here :)

I was nervous as hell to get my iPhone 4 with defects :(. But thankfully it's all OK! :D. The screen is ridiculously sharp.

Damn I love this phone :D

Rooftop voter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
I've been using the phone since about 10pm. And I mean like I have not put it down, except to type on the forums here. It was at about 90% after I activated/synced it. Right now it is at 78% and that is after games, movies, music, skype, a lot of safari, iBooks, iMovie, recording about 10 minutes of video, taking about 30 pictures, a lot of texting and facebooking, a 10 minute phone call (regular call over 3G), downloading 5 app updates over wifi, and the list goes on.

I couldn't be happier with the battery life right now. I never use my phone this much on an average work day, so I know I could probably get 2 or even 3 normal days out of it on one charge (if I had to). After 3.5 hours of pretty much non stop use I've dropped only about 12%. And my brightness is all the way up.

awesome, I'm stoked!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.