Is anyone NOT using the app folders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FloridaMac, Jul 27, 2010.

1. FloridaMac macrumors regular

I think it's a pretty cool feature on the iphone 4, but I've heard of some people not using them. What is your preference?

2. Stein357 macrumors 6502

1 page of apps in folders > 4 pages of apps without folders IMO but some people are probably happy with the old ways of things.

3. james92se macrumors 6502a

I'm not using folders at all. I find it to be kind of a hassle, really.

4. gco212 macrumors 6502

Took a couple days of getting used to, but once I was all used to it, there was no going back. It's a great function.

5. Alxvasqz12 macrumors member

im not using folders. there's no need for them.

6. twelve56 macrumors member

My layout is the exact same as pre ios4. The only folder i have is named junk, with the stocks, notes, clock, contacts and compass apps inside.

7. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

I love folders. Finally I can install 300+++ apps (up to 2000) and not have to delete em. Also I don't have to scroll through 10 pages of apps to get to what I want. I have home screen 2 with nothing but game folders. Game folders 1-16 full of nothing but games :) this could not be done without folders. They simply wouldn't fit within the 10 screen limit.

Plus there a hassle to scroll through all 10 Home screens when I wanna browse for a game to play.

Also when I want to check out my music apps, bam..music folder. I want to view some streaming apps (twit, Justin tv etc) then I goto my streaming folder.

I want sports, I check my sports folder. It's a much better way of organizing and browsing my apps. Love it!

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

9. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

If you have multiple pages of apps like I do then folders are pretty useful IMHO. :apple:

10. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I wish they were snappier. But I still use 'em.

11. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Huge folder fan here. Allowed me to decrease my totals pages by a third. Must less paging and easier access to apps. My favorite is the ability to place a folder in the bottom dock. I'm a photographer and this has allowed me to have a folder there for my different gallery apps for easy access when showing clients. Just wonderful.

12. tesilential macrumors regular

Apps look weird without folders!

Exactly. I don't want to organize 5 pages of apps.

All my apps are in folders, with the exception of the phone, messaging and safari app in my dock.

The first dock spot is held by a utilities folder with navigation and restaurant and service locator apps (Siri, MapQuest, Maps, Dragon Dictation and Clock.

EDIT: Does anyone know of any good apps for locating stores and restaurants?

13. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

As much as I want to use folders, I just can't. I prefer the look of the icons regardless of page amount vs. the folder icon with icons inside.

Just a personal preference though and it will probably change eventually.

14. xMastemah macrumors member

15. Corey213 macrumors member

My first screen is no folders, second does have folders

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm currently not using them as I don't have too many apps. However, that could change in the future.

17. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I have 13 folders total.

I like to group my news apps in one, games in another, media apps in another. I like to break them down by category. Very useful for me, because I like to group apps.

18. xMastemah macrumors member

That would be the purpose of them after all o.o

19. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Dude, I was just trying to share man, no need to be a jerk about it. We're discussing folders, gave my opinion. Guess I'll just remain silent ;)

20. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

ive never used the folder feature -- just dont like the way it works...

21. bdenge macrumors member

At first I didn’t think I would like the folders since it took an extra click to open the folder then another click to launch the app. But once I had everything organized, I realized it would actually save me clicks since I didn’t have to flip through 7 or 8 pages of apps. Now my first page is no folders, and my 2nd page is all folders.

22. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I'm only using 1 folder, the Utilities folder that was already there when I got my iPhone. I then moved a few things i don't use into it. But everything else is just there, no folders. I only have 2 pages of apps though.

23. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

I love the folders. Just wish you could put more then 12 in one. Here is my layout.

Attached Files:

24. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I used folders before Apple added them, so i'm definitely using them now.