Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyCamperNS

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
I don't buy in to the hype/conjecture anymore after the 4S. Apple Inc is good at advertising and fanning the flames of curiosity. We still probably won't truly know till its released.

Exactly this.

Exact same rumors happened for the 4S (remember that iPod touch like thin design 'leak'?) that turned out to be nothing more than websites trying to get page clicks for advertising revenue. Nothing different this time around.

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
When I saw the 1st leak of the back I thought it had some curvage to it instead of being flat. I didn't google and eyeball the picture to really see it's flat.

After seeing the other pictures. I'm not sure what to think.

It's basically going to be a just a tad longer 4s with a different backing from the looks.

There's really only so many shapes and designs you can really do though. I wouldn't mind a little curve in the back. Wish they would get rid of the physical push home button. They could leave the little square symbol but make it sort of like on some android devices that only lights up briefly when you touch it. Not trying to turn the device into an android device but the push home button is one of the 1st things that starts to go from use

I'll wait till something more offical because I'm betting it will look sleeker than the prototypes. I will admit I'm one of the ones who was wanting a 4"+ screen and a little taller/wider phone.

I think iOS6 will be the buy/don't buy decider for me.

Last edited:

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
If they have a 4inch screen I am not buying it, I will be getting the GS3.

The only way that I would go with the next iphone is if it has a 1080 screen, then I would accept a 4incher.

robertpetry

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
St Augustine, FL
If the iPhone 5 is moving to a 16:9 aspect ratio and a smaller dock connector, that must certainly also mean that the next iPad will also be 16:9 and come with the smaller dock connector. Won't changing the iOS family to 16:9 screens mean more development specifically for 16:9, leaving current users with a rather unsatisfactory experience?

The iPhone 4/4S design already looks trendy and dated compared to the slick stuff we are seeing from HTC, Nokia and Samsung. If Apple sticks with the same design, and if even remotely close to what these leaks reveal, I will be selling my Apple stock and will not be purchasing an iPhone 5. In terms of industrial design, these prototypes just don't make sense.

So the rounded, plastic case with a snap off back is new from HTC and Samsung? lol. Same cheap junk they have always made but with a little nicer screen. Oh wait, they added a metal band....Wonder where they got that design idea?

The leaked prototype is more different from the iPhone 4s than the GS3 is from the GS2. And with the ever increasing size of the Android phones we will all have to return to belt clips! Android is Windows mobile all over again except they borrowed the UI from Apple instead of from a desktop. Same clunky, plastic junk.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Sold? Not even close.

As a very long time customer, frankly I'm shocked that J. Ive would have created this.

I'm not going to believe it until I see it.

This is far from his normal highly exemplary work.

If true, it will be the first of the iPhone models I will avoid at all costs.

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
No way I believe any of these rumors, until Tim Cook from Apple is on stage himself, showing off the new iPhone.

Last year, just a week before the iPhone4S release, reports were coming in like crazy of a whole new designed iPhone, they have even had leaked cases with the supposed bigger and new design iPhone5, from Case-Mate, and BGR was screaming from the rooftop that a whole new phone was coming out.

Look at how wrong they were, and that was news from just days away from the official release, and they still had it all wrong. Now we are months away from release, so no way these leaks are correct.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
Yeah I'm sick of the iPhone 4 look. But if I were to pick 4 vs the leaks. I'll pick the 4 for sure. Even tho those new leaks actually look so similar to the same design as iPhone 4. Booooooring.

I don't agree about the general design, but IMHO Apple has to make the screen larger. Not just taller, that would be a waste of time, but taller and wider. All of the new phones coming out have large beautiful vibrant screens and I think that the iPhone is looking more and more dinky and dull by the minute.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
History shows that you can't please everyone.

Their will be loves and haters no matter what the aesthetics are or what's under its hood !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.