Is ANYONE using remoter vnc with Lion

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dnathan, Aug 30, 2011.

1. dnathan macrumors newbie

Remoter worked until Lion. I've heard that it will work if you use a different password? I'm using the iPad 4.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It works very well. Use your user name for the VNC user name; password is the VNC password you set in the Sharing prefs.

3. dnathan thread starter macrumors newbie

It's just not working.

I've tried both changing both passwords (user and vnc), using either password, checking the hostname, changing my User username. I don't know what else to try.

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Couple of questions:

What does it do? Is it trying to load the Lion login screen? Is it just failing to connect?

Are you trying to connect on a LAN or from outside?

5. dnathan thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh man! I just got it to work. I had Screen Sharing off and Remote Management on. (Remote management is what worked under Snow Leopard.)

THANK YOU for working with me on this. I'm so happy!

6. Matt Wacky macrumors newbie

Hi, I am also trying to use VNC with lion but there seems to be a glitch in my setup. When trying to connect I am logged into the Admin account on my mac and not the user account which I have set up for my self. This may be a Lion issue as the users allowed to share the screen cannot be modified in my preferences when logged in as the user; however, I am able to modify the list under the Admin account, but the modified list does not transfer over to the other accounts. Anybody else experience this? Did you find a solution?