Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

denis001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I received an iPad the the day that
they came out. I have kept the film wrapper that came with it and used an exacto knife to open the speaker and other ports. Although this is not by any means a permanent solution, it has worked out well enough, until I decide which screen protector to get. I also have an Apple case and like, but am considering an afetr market version-not sure yet. Has anyone else used the original wrapper film?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
they came out. I have kept the film wrapper that came with it and used an exacto knife to open the speaker and other ports. Although this is not by any means a permanent solution, it has worked out well enough, until I decide which screen protector to get. I also have an Apple case and like, but am considering an afetr market version-not sure yet. Has anyone else used the original wrapper film?

You do realize that you voided the warrantee by modifying that wrapper.

I kid, I kid...

I thought about that also, but I am pro Power Support Anti-Glare.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Now I've seen a lot of stupid posts on this forum but I think this post takes the prize!

I'm sorry, but I really have to agree. Why don't you just saran wrap it up? I used mine for weeks before getting my PS Anti Glare and guess what? It only took about a minute of wiping with a microfiber cloth to clean all the fingerprints off before installation. I was so close to just leaving it naked but just went with the antiglare bc it's so amazing on the iPhone.

IMHO: To fully appreciate the magic that is iPad, you must use it sans protector for >3 hours to browse the web, watch a show, etc. Then you can put a protector on it when you get one.

denis001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Hey, 3goldnes, thanks for the willingness to help. I have no previous experience with iPhones so, thought that having something to protect the screen until I figured out which film I wanted (thus my reason for joining this forum).

Thanks to those of you for granting me an answer with something other than an insulting reply.

My apologies to you' 3goldens, for my lack of experience with touch technology which obviously disqualifies from getting your help and for having wasted your precious time.:confused:

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
Hey, 3goldnes, thanks for the willingness to help. I have no previous experience with iPhones so, thought that having something to protect the screen until I figured out which film I wanted (thus my reason for joining this forum).

Thanks to those of you for granting me an answer with something other than an insulting reply.

My apologies to you' 3goldens, for my lack of experience with touch technology which obviously disqualifies from getting your help and for having wasted your precious time.:confused:

Rip it off now! Enjoy!

Mezzo43

macrumors member
May 1, 2010
I used the plastic wrapper that came with the iPad for about two weeks until I got an Incipio anti-glare shield which is terrible by the way. I actually like the plastic wrapper better than the Incipio shield! I think I might purchase the Powershield later.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Don't be so sensitive!

And live a little, unwrap your friend there and use it for craps sake!

so what if you get a scratch on the back of your ipad, who cares, you would think this thing is the fraking holy grail they way some of the nut jobs around here talk about protecting this thing. its just a material object man! use it, enjoy it stop worrying about stupid stuff like how am I going to protect and preserve my holy pad! my god!

Truth is that as soon as something else comes around theyll throw this in the gadget junk pile they've accumulated over the years or throw it on ebay.

dstar

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010

This just screams FREAK to me.

I've never been that paranoid about anything.

Mezzo43

macrumors member
May 1, 2010
Why are people so rude on this forum? Just because some folks like to be more careful with their iPads than others is no reason for them to be ridiculed. I don't have extra money to spend on replacing gadgets that get damaged, so I will be careful with the iPad by protecting the screen and getting a case for it. I left my plastic wrapper on it for awhile until I bought a screen shield. I didn't want to deal with wiping down the screen until I bought the shield.

If you think that a question posted is silly, then don't respond to it. Not everyone thinks the same way, so if you don't like it, just ignore the post and move on to something else.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
sofa-cover.jpg

denis001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2010
ok, ok, I get the point. geesh!! all kidding aside, thanks for the help folks, I just ordered the Powershield A/G. I'm sure that I'll be happy with it.

Kibbe17

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
Rip it off and enjoy the iPad! :D

I had to convince myself to do this last night as I have been severely wanting to but I can NOT decide on a protection method!!:confused::confused::confused: I don't know if I should go naked with screen protectors and a slip-in pouch for traveling or an actual case to keep it in all the time. And of coarse, WHICH SCREEN PROTECTOR, or which case.. So many decisions but I need to decide fast because now I have a 100% naked, 300% vulnerable iPad.

sonofpismo

macrumors regular
May 20, 2002
Orlando, Florida
I used it for a couple days after April 3rd, until my Apple Case arrived. Although it functioned as a great protector, I had no idea how much it diminished the screen clarity. You won't believe how much better it looks AND feels until you take it off.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Dude, get a clue. The plastic wrapper that came with the iPad? Are you ***** serious? It's very difficult to scratch the glass. Have you ever been to a store where they're on display with thousands of people trying them out? No scratches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.