Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mayhone1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
Wisconsin
I really wanna know, in a quest to lessen my impact on the Environment, is anything really better than the iPad? I love my iPad, but need it to do a bit more before I can use it by itself, so my question is, are there any other tablets that are any better, ether now, or coming. Because honestly, all I can see is a bunch of almost iPad's that just happen to play flash, but no other new features that compare? I would be interested in some real thoughts...:confused:
:apple:

jdminpdx

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
No. All these android tablets coming out are going to go the way of every android phone out. Loads upon loads of them, loaded down with a bunch of crap that nobody wants.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Thre are no consumer tablets on the market that are more capable. That will probably change as android continues to mature, but right now, if you're looking for a thin, light, good standalone product, your best bet is the MacBook pro or MacBook air as suggested above.

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
I really wanna know, in a quest to lessen my impact on the Environment, is anything really better than the iPad? I love my iPad, but need it to do a bit more before I can use it by itself, so my question is, are there any other tablets that are any better, ether now, or coming. Because honestly, all I can see is a bunch of almost iPad's that just happen to play flash, but no other new features that compare? I would be interested in some real thoughts...:confused:
:apple:

What are the things you are trying to do? I've posted a few times on some basic tasks that Honeycomb does that I have yet to find the iPad equal. Such as being able to use email attachments, ability to download files from the web, a file system you can access as you would on a laptop computer. Maybe actual multiple tasking vs task switching? If you understand the difference it can open up a lot of productive benefits.

It really depends on the needs of the user. Most people find the iPad more than enough to keep then entertained, and it does a great job at that. Android is not as polished, and does take some thought but I rather enjoy learning how to get the most out of my gadgets than just listen to someone tell me what I can or cannot do.

With Apple products the masses love it, it's very stable, loads of apps and plenty to keep them busy for countless hours. The snag is when you attempt something out of the "box" and realize it has it's limits and start looking for better options. Email attachments was something that kept me from using the iPad as my primary work computer, Android does what I need and does it well.

I hope to see iOS 5 bring these types of features to the iPad but for now I use what gets the job done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.