Is Apple ever going to fix iTunes Wi-Fi Sync?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by heyyoudvd, Apr 2, 2013.

1. heyyoudvd macrumors regular

It's been almost 7 months and six updates/bug fixes since iOS 6 was released, and this important feature is STILL broken.

Wi-Fi Sync was a great addition to iOS 5, as it finally allowed users to cut the cord and do almost everything wirelessly. iOS 6 screwed all that up. Ever since it was released, the feature has been broken for countless users, meaning that every time we wish to sync our media libraries, we have to plug our iPhones back into the computer. How has this issue not been fixed yet?

Seriously Apple, what gives?

2. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

3. heyyoudvd thread starter macrumors regular

Please don't come in here with your anti-Apple garbage. This thread is about a specific software issue that has persisted. Apple normally has an impeccable record, so don't use my thread as an excuse to promote your anti-Apple fanboyism. Thanks.

4. jonAppleSeed macrumors regular

http://www.apple.com/contact/

No one on Macrumors can fix your problem

5. gglittle macrumors regular

I have installed iOS 6.1.3 here and find that WiFi Sync does work, though I'd like to be able to force a connect. At least I have as yet to figure out how to force a connect and sync via WiFi short of powering the phone off and then on, which may or may not work. However, I do note the phone does connect several times a day ... I just cannot predict when.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

It was finicky on iOS 5, so many issues surrounding wifi setups, and hardware issues on computers, ect.

Plus, until LAN are a fast and reliable as even USB 2.0, I rather just connect my iPhone.

But iCloud makes syncing a rare need, anyways.

7. heyyoudvd, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013

heyyoudvd thread starter macrumors regular

The point is that it's not just my problem. It's an extremely common issue that I've seen many others post about here. I started this thread to see what others' experiences have been like and to see whether any fixes have been found yet.

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I've got the same issue. I'm running 10.8.3 & iTunes 11, my iOS devices are as up to date as they can be and not jailbroken. I've got a 5th generation AirPort Extreme and I'm very technically inclined.

Best I can figure Apple or Broadcom need a better WiFi firmware engineer as WiFi problems also exist from connectivity to Hotspot.

9. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Similar set up as you but I don't have a AirPort Extreme. I have more problems with my 4S then my wifi only iPad. In fact, I can't remember the last time I had wifi sync issues on my iPad.

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I wasn't aware that it was broken all these months. I've been using it just like I always have and it has always worked. It was just slow at syncing music of course but it's always been slow at that.

11. Kashsystems macrumors 6502

I have been using Wifi Sync exclusively since I got my iPhone 5 last November.

The only time I had an issue was when I wasn't paying attention and I had more syncing than my phone capacity.

I caused this by downloading a movie directly on my iPhone from store first.

Might not be your issue but I figure I put this out there to help.

12. thejadedmonkey, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013

thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

No, that's a part of Apple's "It just (doesn't always) work". My Windows 7 phone has wireless sync, and it works flawlessly. Always. And when it wants to sync, it opens Zune up automatically. Apple really needs to get their stuff together.

13. bobright macrumors 601

I have problems with my iPhone 5 and wifi sync as well. I'll have to either close/open iTunes or shut off/on my phone for it to pick up. :mad:

14. sandwicher macrumors member

You guys should report the fault and bug to apple via their official website.

I did that days back.
    That's the only place that will legitimately change anything. Do it people! :)

15. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4, iOS 6.whatever is latest. iTunes 11, Windows 7. No issues with WiFi Syncing. There is about a 30 second period where iTunes is completely frozen and unresponsive, I gather this is where it's paring up with my iPhone. That's my only pet peeve, otherwise WiFi sync works a treat for me.

Linksys EA4500 is the Router that both the iPhone and PC are connected to.

16. bripab007 macrumors 6502

I've used wi-fi syncing with multiple devices ever since it debuted with little to no trouble.

17. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

For me it's temperamental. One moment it works fine, other times my iPhone doesn't appear in iTunes until I reboot my router. It's all so buggy. :(

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

between our two iphones and two ipads sometimes they sync sometimes not. My wifes phone seldom she is blind and can't see if it is syncing. so it can go days between syncing. it is only needed for music and podcasts. on mine podcasts and audiobooks. lately i have to turn off podcasts and back on to get them to sync.

19. opinio macrumors 65816

i has worked ok on my ipad2 but never worked ok for any iphone I have ever owned.

20. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

I thought I was the only one. I agree, this is an amazing addition to iOS and the fact I can't use it without problems, means I'm tethered when I sync - which feels so old fashioned :(.

21. stridemat, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013

stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

MOD NOTE

Open. Please ensure the name calling in this thread ceases.

22. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

Why am I always the only one that has never had any issues with WIFI sync? Like none at all ever. Sync songs wirelessly, apps, everything works fine for me. :cool:

23. heyyoudvd thread starter macrumors regular

It worked great for me in iOS 5. I never had any issues with it. I loved the feature, as it allowed me to never have to plug my iPhone into my computer again. But since the iOS 6 upgrade, it has never worked. I've tried all the fixes I can find, and all they seam to do is reinitiate the sync feature for a short time, but then it quickly ceases to work again.

24. TheShadowXX macrumors regular

Has never worked for me.

iPhone 4, iOS 6, iTunes 11, Windows 7 (32-bit)

25. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

It's always worked for me. iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3, OSX 10.8.3, iTunes 11.